15 Minute Peanut Sauce Salad with Crispy Chickpeas
This filling peanut sauce salad with crispy chickpeas is as easy to make as it is healthy, flavorful, and delicious!
- ¼ cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoon coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon water
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- ½ tablespoon sriracha
- ½ tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 8 cup shredded romaine lettuce, or greens mix of choice
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup shredded purple cabbage
- ½ avocado, sliced
- sesame seeds for topping
- 1 can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ½ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- salt and pepper to taste
Instructions for Peanut Sauce Salad
- Begin by preparing the chickpeas. Bring a medium skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Once hot, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas and season them with garlic powder, salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, for about 7-10 minutes or until the chickpeas are crisp and golden. Set aside.
- Prepare your peanut sauce by whisking together the peanut butter, ketchup, soy sauce or coconut aminos, water, maple syrup, sweet chili sauce, sriracha, and lime juice together.
- Assemble the romaine lettuce into two bowls, add carrots, cabbage, and sliced avocado to each bowl. Divide the crispy chickpeas into 4 servings and serve on top of the salad. Option to top with crispy wonton strips or sesame seeds.
Calories: 318kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 10gFat: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!