6 Ingredient Heart Shaped Vegan Shortbread Sugar Cookies
Growing up, my mom and I would always make sugar cut cookies together. Nothing was more fun than watching a few simple ingredients come to life in the form of golden and fun shaped cookies. These vegan cut cookies are super delicious, fool proof easy, and low calorie! And, if you're someone who loves the smell of freshly baked cookies, these wont disappoint! This is a family-friendly vegan cookie that everyone will love and they're super fun to make!
Valentine's Day Shortbread Cookies
- ¾ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- Preheat oven to 425
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, sugar or purecane sweetener, almond milk, vanilla, and baking powder. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick dough forms. Form the dough into a mound and wrap it in plastic wrap. Refrigerate it for 30 minutes. 3
- Roll the cookie dough onto a floured surface, adding more flour as needed if the dough is sticky. Roll it into a ¼ - ⅓ of an inch thick and use your cookie cutters to cut shapes. Place the shapes onto a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 10-12 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
- You will still have plenty of dough left so roll the dough back into a mound and repeat the previous step until all of the dough is used. You should have about 40 cookies.
Serving: 1Calories: 72kcalCarbohydrates: 10gProtein: 1gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!