Cinnamon-Sugar Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Have Mercy! This fried peanut butter and banana sandwich is the ultimate indulgence. The cinnamon sugar topping gets crisp and golden and the center of the sandwich is ooey gooey! It takes less than 10 minutes and is so easy! This is a vegan and gluten free spin on that famous Elvis sandwich. Everyone is going to love it!
Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- 2 slices of regular, vegan, or gluten free bread
- 2 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ ripe banana, sliced
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 4 tablespoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
Cinnamon Sugar Fried Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
- Prepare your toppings by melting some vegan butter in a microwave safe bowl. Then, mix your cinnamon sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Place two slices of bread onto your prep surface and spread one (or both) slices with 1 tablespoon of peanut butter. Add banana slices on top and then place the two slices together to make a sandwich.
- If air frying, brush your sandwich with melted vegan butter and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar. Repeat on the other side. Place in a 375 air fryer and fry for 2-3 minutes (maybe longer depending on your air fryer) or until the sandwich is golden and the cinnamon sugar has become crisp.
- If making this in a regular pan, add the vegan butter to a skillet and then bring it to medium heat. Once the butter is sizzling, add 1-2 tablespoon of the cinnamon sugar and then place the sandwich on top. Fry on both sides until crisp and golden.
- Enjoy your fried peanut butter and banana sandwich warm with a side of oat milk. I like to sprinkle a few flakes of sea salt on top. Enjoy!
Calories: 386kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 7gFat: 20g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!