Easy Vegan Black Bean Tacos
Looking for a healthy lunch or dinner idea that is vegan, gluten free, and family-friendly? These vegan black bean tacos are so flavorful and delicious and the recipe is so simple! I bet you already have everything you need to make these in your kitchen.
Vegan Black Bean Tacos Filling
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup diced red onion
- 4 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 15 oz can black beans
- 1 15 oz can sweet corn
- 2 tablespoon canned tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Vegan Black Bean Tacos Assembly
- ½ cup diced avocado
- 16 mini corn tortillas
- store-bought salsa of your choice
- 2 cup shredded romaine lettuce
Vegan Black Bean Tacos
- Bring a large skillet with olive oil to medium high heat. Once hot, add the garlic and cook for about 1 minute until it sizzles. Add the onion and cook stirring until the onion is translucent (about 3 minutes).
- Increase the heat to high and add the peppers and cook stirring often for 10-15 minutes or until they begin to brown. Then, add the rinsed and drained black beans and entire contents of the can of corn. Stir in the tomato paste. Add the seasonings and continue to stir. Cook for about 3-5 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove from the heat and set aside. Bring another skillet to medium heat and spray with olive oil spray. Heat each of the corn tortillas for about 30 seconds on each side (or until golden).
- Assemble the tacos by adding a heaping spoon of the black bean mixture into each cooked tortilla. Top with lettuce, diced avocado, and salsa. Serve immediately.
Serving: 1Calories: 90kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 2gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!