10 Minute Taco Salad + Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
This 10 minute taco salad with vegan green goddess dressing is a staple in my diet. This is a healthy lunch or dinner even non-vegans enjoy.
10 Minute Taco Salad
- 6 cup chopped romaine
- cooked black beans
- 1 cup cooked corn
- 1 cup crushed tortilla chips
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- 1 cup sliced avocado
- ½ cup thinly sliced white or red onion
- green goddess dressing
- ½ cup sliced yellow onion
- 1 entire can of black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
Vegan Green Goddess Salad Dressing
- 1 avocado
- 1 cup fresh cilantro (including stems)
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 tablespoon agave
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- option to add one or two slices of jalapeño for added heat
10 Minute Taco Salad with Vegan Green Goddess Dressing
- To prepare the black beans, bring a medium saucepan with olive oil to medium heat. Add the onions and cook until they are translucent (about 2-3 minutes). Then, add the black beans and season with cumin. Cook for 5 minutes or until they are warm. Remove from heat and set aside. Allow them to cool for a few minutes before adding them to the salad.
- To prepare the vegan green goddess dressing, add the avocado, cilantro, lime, agave, garlic, cumin, salt, and olive oil to a food processor or blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. Set aside. You may taste the dressing and if you like a spicier dressing, feel free to add a slice or two of jalapeño and blend again.
- To assemble the taco salad, add the romaine to a large bowl. Top with the cooked and cooled black beans, corn, diced avocado, crushed tortilla chips, tomatoes, and onion. Add about half of the green goddess dressing to the bowl, toss and add more dressing as desired. If you use half of the dressing in this recipe, it'll add about 90 calories per serving. If you use all of it, it'll add about 180 calories per serving.
Calories: 133kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 5gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!