Easy Homemade Vegan Parmesan Cheese
Ingredients for Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- ¼ cup roasted and salted sunflower seeds
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon regular or gluten free bread crumbs
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Recipe for Vegan Parmesan Cheese
- Add the sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, bread crumbs, garlic and onion powder, salt, and olive oil to a food processor or blender and blend until a crumbly grated parmesan cheese-like texture is formed. Store in the refrigerator for up to 30 days. Use for salad toppings.
Boiled Cashews Instructions (alternative to sunflower seeds)
- If you don't have access to sunflower seeds or have a seed allergy, you may use boiled cashews in place of the sunflower seeds in this recipe. Bring a small saucepan with 1 cup of water to a boil, add ½ cup of cashews and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes until the cashews are soft and tender. Remove the pot from from heat, strain the cashews and pat them dry before adding them to the food processor.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!