Easy Vegan Focaccia Bread Recipe
This vegan and gluten free focaccia is heavenly! You only need 9 simple ingredients and 5 minutes to mix this perfectly golden focaccia bread. I used Mina Extra Virgin Olive Oil, rich in polyphenols, to make this oven baked mediterranean style bread. Use it as a base for pizza toppings, sandwiches, or serve it on the side of your favorite mediterranean meal (vegan shakshuka anyone?)
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil + more for drizzling
- 2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all-purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- ¼ cup thinly sliced onions
- ¼ cup sliced cherry or grape tomatoes
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix ¼ cup of olive oil, water, sugar, baking powder, oregano, garlic powder, and salt together. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a round baking dish that has been sprayed with olive oil spray. Option to drizzle with 2 additional tablespoon of olive oil and then use your fingers to gently press down on the focaccia bread to create dimples. Top with thinly sliced onions, tomatoes, or olives.
- Bake in the oven for about 15 minutes or until the bread is cooked through the center. Broil the at the end for 1-2 minutes.
- Slice into 12 slices and enjoy drizzled with more olive oil, dipped in tomato sauce, hummus, or any of your other Mediterranean spreads! This bread also makes a great sandwich bread or base for pizza toppings.
Serving: 1Calories: 121kcalCarbohydrates: 18gProtein: 2gFat: 4g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!