Easy Vegan & Gluten Free Margherita Pizza
This delicious vegan pizza is flavored with savory Italian herbs and spices. It's topped with my easy homemade pizza sauce, vegan Mozzerella cheese, and fresh basil! This is a healthier, lighter, plant-based and gluten free way to enjoy a dish everyone loves!
Simple Mills Pizza Crust
- 1 Box of Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
Alternative - Homemade Vegan Pizza Crust
- Homemade Vegan Pizza Crust
Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
- 1 15 ounce can of tomato sauce
- 1 6 ounce can of tomato paste
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 2 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt, add more to taste
- ⅓ cup vegan Mozzerella cheese
- 2 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- Prepare Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Crust as instructed on the packaging. Bake on 350 for 10 minutes and then remove from oven. Proceed to next step. If using my homemade vegan pizza crust recipe, follow those instructions and then proceed to next step.
- While the crust is baking, prepare the pizza sauce by mixing together the tomato sauce, tomato paste, dried oregano, basil, parsley, garlic powder, onion powder, and salt. Add more salt to taste or if you prefer a sweeter sauce, you may add 1 teaspoon of sugar. Set aside.
- Once crust is done baking, spread about half of the sauce over the crust, add more if you like a saucier slice! Top with vegan Mozzerella cheese and return the pizza into the oven. Bake on 350 for another 10 minutes. I broiled my pizza for 1 minute to make sure the cheese was extra melted and to get a crispier crust!
Serving: 1Calories: 131kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 4gFat: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!