Garlic Hummus & Garden Veggie Flatbread
Pizza Crust Options
- Quick Vegan Pizza Crust with No Yeast
- Simple Mills Almond Flour Pizza Crust
- Classic Pizza Rising Crust with Yeast
5 Minute Hummus
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon tahini
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon water
- salt and pepper
Fresh Garden Veggies
- 1 cup sliced bell peppers
- 1 cup sliced cherry tomatoes
- ¼ cup sliced onion
- ¼ cup sliced shitake mushrooms
Simple Mills Almond Flour Artisan Flatbread Directions
- Preheat oven to 350. Prepare the flax eggs by mixing 2 tablespoon of flax seed meal with 4 tablespoon of hot water. Set aside until a thick gel forms.
- Mix the flax eggs, olive oil, and baking powder together. Then, add the Simple Mills Almond Flour Artisan Flatbread mix and mix until a dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Transfer the dough onto the baking sheet and form it into a mound using your hands. Then, use a rolling pin to roll the dough into a slab about ⅓ inch thick. Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes or until golden.
If making crust from scratch (see ingredient list for recipe links) - prepare as instructed
- While the crust is baking, prepare your hummus and veggies. After the crust is done, spread the hummus over it then top with veggies. Option to return it into the oven to broil or serve immediately.
Garlic Hummus Directions
- To make the hummus, add the rinsed and drained chickpeas to a food processor. Top with tahini, lemon juice, and olive oil. Add the garlic, cumin, salt, and pepper (to taste). Blend until smooth. If the hummus is too thick, add a tablespoon or two of water until you reach desired consistency.
Serving: 1gCalories: 157kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 3gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply