Healthy 5-Ingredient Banana Pancakes (no white flour or sugar)
If you're looking for a healthy pancake recipe that has no refined sugar or flour, give these 5 ingredient vegan and gluten free banana pancakes a try! They're made with almond flour, oat flour, and flax seed meal - making them super nutrient dense and filling! Everyone in your home will love these and one will guess they're actually good for you!
5-Ingredient Almond & Oat Flour Banana Pancakes
- 1 mashed overripe banana
- ¾ cup almond milk
- ¾ cup oat flour
- ¾ cup almond flour
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
How To Make Almond & Oat Flour Banana Pancakes
- In a medium mixing bowl, mash the banana, and then mix it with the almond milk. Then, add the baking powder and mix. I like to add cinnamon, vanilla, and (sometimes) maple syrup to my pancake batter to give them a nice warm flavor, but these ingredients are optional. If using, add them now and mix. You can now add ground flax seed to make these pancakes even healthier and nutrient dense.
- Next, add the oat and almond flour and mix until a smooth batter forms.
- Bring a skillet or griddle to medium low heat. Spray your pan with olive, avocado, or coconut oil and spoon in your pancake batter - about 3 tablespoon per pancake. Fry until golden on both sides and remove from the skillet. Enjoy immediately with maple syrup and banana slices. I like to store my leftovers in a freezer bag and reheat in the microwave for a quick healthy breakfast!
Q: Can this recipe be made with any non-dairy milk? A: Yes, you can use any non-dairy milk in this recipe, but my preference is unsweetened oat or almond milk. If you're not dairy-free, you may also use regular cow's milk.
Serving: 1Calories: 58kcalCarbohydrates: 9gProtein: 2gFat: 2g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!