Spaghetti Squash with Sun Dried Tomato Pesto
Spaghetti squash is one of my favorite ways to enjoy pasta without all the calories. It's full of fiber and super healthy and delicious! This sun-dried tomato pasta is sure to please your pallet and your tummy! It's so filling, and the sun-dried tomato pesto will have you licking your plate clean! Traditional pesto has parmesan cheese in it, but thanks to the delicious seasonings, nutritional yeast, and boiled cashews, it tastes just like parmesan without the guilt!
- 2 whole spaghetti squash
- Olive Oil Spray
- salt and pepper
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- ½ cup boiled cashews
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 oz jarred sun dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
Option Toppings or Sides
- 4 cup arugula
- 2 tablespoon pine nuts
- Begin by preheating the oven to 400 Degrees. Slice the spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise) and use a spoon to remove the "guts"
- Spray each of the halves of spaghetti squash with olive oil and top with salt and pepper. Please cut side down onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Bake in the oven for about 40 minutes. If you have a larger squash, you may need to cook it longer. You will know it's done when it's tender and you can easily use a fork to pull apart the "noodles". If the strands don't separate easily, continue to cook in 5 minute intervals until it's done.
- While the squash is baking, boil the cashews by bringing a saucepan with 1 cup of water and ½ cup cashews to a boil. Once the water is boiling, reduce the temperature to low, cover, and simmer for 20 minutes. The cashews will be tender. Strain and set aside.
- Once the cashews have boiled, add them to a food processor along with the olive oil, sun dried tomatoes, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, and salt. Blend until a thick pesto forms. Set aside.
- When the squash is done, use a fork to pull apart the strands and either leave them in the skin or place them onto a dish or plate. Each half of the squash is a serving. Top with pesto, additional pine nuts, and pair with a side of lemon arugula salad.
Serving: 1gCalories: 341kcalCarbohydrates: 21gProtein: 6gFat: 28g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply