Southwestern Spiced Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
Enjoy these crispy & bold Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges made in 40 minutes. These seasoned sweet potatoes are easy, healthy, and bursting with flavor. Options for oven-baked or air-fried & be sure to season with Southwestern Spices! Y’all... the seasoned fries are mouth watering! Dip in ketchup or guac & you’ve got a side or snack that everyone will love!
Ingredients for Sweet Potato Wedges
- 2 sweet potatoes sliced into ¾ inch thick wedges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder or paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 1 avocado mashed
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- ¼ cup diced tomatoes
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 2 tablespoon cilantro (optional)
- ¼ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Oven-Roasted Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat oven to 425
- Slice sweet potatoes into wedges, toss in olive oil, and then sprinkle with seasonings.
- Lay the wedges onto a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes. Remove from oven, flip the wedges over and return to bake for another 15-20 minutes or until they reach their desired crispness.
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Wedges
- Preheat the air fryer to 400. Slice the sweet potatoes into wedges, toss them in olive oil and sprinkle with seasonings. Toss again until they're evenly coated and place them in the air fryer for about 15-20 minutes or until crispy.
- Just before the potatoes are done baking, mash the avocado and lime juice together.
- Add the garlic powder, cumin, tomatoes, onion, cilantro, and salt and mix until creamy. Cover with plastic and store in the fridge until the potatoes are ready.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!
Leave a Reply