These easy oven-roasted chickpeas, otherwise known as garbanzo beans, are golden and perfectly crispy! I've tried so many other Crispy Chickpea Recipes out there are this one is the best! They're the perfect healthy and crunchy fiber-filled snack and make a great plant-based protein topping for any vegan dish.
If you're looking for a baked chickpea recipe that gives you crunchy and golden chickpeas that actually stay crispy this easy recipe has your name on it. The best part is that you only need 2-4 ingredients!
Crispy Chickpeas Ingredients
- Chickpeas: Otherwise known as garbanzo beans. I recommend using low sodium and organic canned chickpeas and the rinsing and draining them of the canning liquid.
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil: We use olive oil to roast our chickpeas in the oven. If you don't have olive oil, you can also use any other high temperature oil such as avocado oil.
- Salt and Pepper: Use salt and pepper to season and flavor the crispy chickpeas.
How To Make Crispy Chickpeas
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Rinse and drain the canned chickpeas and then pour them onto the lined baking sheet.
Step 2: Drizzle the chickpeas with olive oil and then use your hands to evenly coat the chickpeas with the oil. Season with salt and pepper.
Step 3: Bake the chickpeas in the oven until they are golden, browned, and crispy.
Serving Oven-Roasted Crispy Chickpeas
- Serve these golden baked crispy chickpeas on their own as a crunchy and delicious healthy snack.
- Oven roasted crispy chickpeas make an amazing vegan and gluten-free salad topping. Try them on top of this Vegan Caesar Salad. They are also a great way to add more plant-based protein onto any dish such as this Creamy Vegan Alfredo .
Frequently Asked Questions
Be sure you're baking them long enough! If they're not golden brown and crunchy, continue to bake in 10 minute intervals.
Once your oven roasted chickpeas have cooled, store them in a jar for 2-3 days. You can also refrigerate them and re-crisp them in the air fryer or toaster oven.
The Best Crispy Chickpeas
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
Crispy Chickpeas Ingredients
- 1 15 oz can of chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
Crispy Chickpeas Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Rinse and drain one can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans) and spread them onto a baking sheet. Drizzle them with olive oil and use your hands to roll the chickpeas in the oil so that they are evenly coated.
- Season the chickpeas with salt and pepper (to taste) and the bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until they are golden browned. Remove from the baking sheet and enjoy as a snack or as a topping on your favorite plant-based dish!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.
Leave a Reply