Vegan Southwestern Quinoa Veggie Burger
These vegan veggie burgers are loaded with healthy quinoa, black beans, and veggies. The peppers and onions pack in the flavor while the spices give it a southwestern flare! These are delicious and hearty vegan veggie burgers that are full of flavor, healthy, and super filling!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup finely chopped bell peppers
- ¼ cup frozen or canned corn
- ¼ cup frozen peas and carrots
- ½ cup diced onion
- 1 cup mashed canned white beans
- ½ cup canned black beans
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon tapioca starch + 2 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 ¼ cup cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- Bring a skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Once warm, add the peppers, onions, corn, and peas. Cook for about 5 minutes until the veggies are tender. Remove from heat.
- In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the white beans. Then, mix in the black beans, soy sauce, tomato paste, nutritional yeast, garlic powder, and chili powder. In a seperate bowl, mix the tapioca starch and water. Mix and then add to the bowl. Add the quinoa and flour and mix.
- Use your hands to form the mixture into about 10 patties. Option to either cook in the oven or on the stovetop. If cooking on the stove, bring a large skillet with olive oil to medium heat and cook about 5 minutes on each side (until golden on each side).
- If cooking in the oven, preheat the oven to 425. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray. Place the patties onto the baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes. Flip them onto the other side and then bake another 10 minutes.
Serving: 1gCalories: 152kcalCarbohydrates: 26gProtein: 7gFat: 3g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!