These are the BEST Homemade Baked Blueberry Donuts ever. They will literally melt in your mouth! These donuts turn out cakey, super moist and then are glazed to perfection. I baked these vegan donuts for a healthier version, and they can easily be made gluten-free if needed!
Ingredients Needed For Baked Blueberry Donuts
My vegan blueberry donuts are made with a few simple baking ingredients that are generally pantry staples. With just a handful of ingredients and a few easy-to-follow steps, you'll be on your way to blueberry donut bliss! Here's what you'll need:
- Butter: You can use a plant based butter like I did, or opt for regular butter if you are not vegan!
- Milk: For vegan donuts, use a plant based milk like almond milk or oat milk. If you are not vegan, feel free to use regular milk in these homemade blueberry donuts.
- Sugar: Granulated cane sugar works best in these donuts to add sweetness and help the donuts brown!
- Baking Powder & Baking Soda: A bit of each is added to help these donuts get big and fluffy. No eggs necessary!
- Vanilla: Vanilla is added for more flavor!
- Flour: I recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in this vegan blueberry donuts recipe. My favorite gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Blueberries: You can use either fresh or frozen blueberries in this recipe.
- For the Optional Glaze: Use powdered sugar, plant-based milk (or regular milk) and vanilla extract.
My Silicone Donut Molds
Click the image below to order my silicone donut molds from Amazon!
How to Make Homemade Baked Blueberry Donuts
With just a donut mold and a mixing bowl, you will have beautifully baked blueberry donuts in no time! Here are the simple steps:
Step 1: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. In a large mixing bowl, mix vegan butter, almond or oat milk, baking soda, baking powder, sugar and vanilla.
Step 2: Then, mix in flour until just combined.
Step 3: Fold the blueberries into the batter gently. Then, pour the batter into 14-16 greased donut molds. Be careful not to over-fill the molds.
Step 4: Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
Step 5: If desired, let the donuts cool for about 5 minutes and then pour the glaze over the top. They are delicious both with and without the glaze!
These 30 minute baked blueberry donuts are super easy to make, but here are a few tips so they come out perfect every time!
- Don't Over-Mix the Blueberry Donut Batter: Once you add the flour to the batter, be sure not to over-mix. Over-mixed flour in the batter can result in tough donuts! Mix until just combined and gently fold in the blueberries for a tender, cakey donut.
- Make Mini Muffins Instead! If you don't have a donut mold, you can make these into mini muffins instead. These donuts are similar to blueberry muffins, but with a chewier texture that you might imagine with a donut.
- To Use Fresh or Frozen Blueberries? Either fresh or frozen blueberries will result in a delicious donut. If you are using frozen, do not thaw them prior to using them. Put them directly in the batter from frozen. Keep in mind that the color of the batter may be slightly more blue if using frozen!
Frequently Asked Questions
These donuts should be done in around 20 minutes if you baked in a donut mold at 350 degrees. However, if you are unsure you can stick a toothpick into one to make sure that batter does not come off onto the toothpick. If you see slightly wet crumbs, then they are good to go!
Although these donuts are best enjoyed on the day of, you can certainly store the leftovers for later. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week. To reheat, pop them in the microwave for 20-30 seconds.
If you want to glaze your donuts, first let them cook to room temperature. Then, take the donut with your thumb on the inside and dip the top half of the donut into the glaze. Alternatively, you can pour the glaze over the top of the donuts!
More Vegan Donut Recipes
- Vegan Banana Bread Donuts
- Cinnamon Sugar Donuts
- Powdered Sugar Donut Holes
- Oatmeal Carrot Cake Donut Holes
Baked Blueberry Donuts
Baked Blueberry Donuts Ingredients
- ¼ cup melted regular or vegan butter
- 1 ¼ cup regular milk, oat milk, or almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
Blueberry Donut Glaze
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon regular milk, oat milk, or almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Baked Blueberry Donuts Recipe Instructions
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a large mixing bowl, mix vegan butter, almond or oat milk, baking soda, baking powder, sugar, and vanilla. Then, mix in flour until just combined.
- Fold blueberries into the batter gently and pour the batter into 14-16 greased donut molds. Be careful not to over-fill the molds.
- Bake in the oven for about 20 minutes.
- Option to pour over glaze but they are perfect without it! Glaze is not factored into nutritional info.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.