These Banana Cream Pie Jars are the perfect easy sweet treat that can be made in just 5 minutes with 5 ingredients. Layers of bananas, coconut whipped cream, and graham cracker crust taste indulgent with that classic creamy, sweet flavor of banana cream pie. Serve in small glass jars for a fun, perfectly portioned dessert that everyone loves!
Banana Cream Pie Jars are super easy to make, vegan and healthier than the traditional banana cream pie recipe, yet they're still so delicious and a great option for those who want to enjoy a sweet dessert without loads of sugar, calories and fat. Served in small mason jars, these make a wonderful grab-n-go option for any occasion.
- Bananas: Use ripe bananas that are yellow with just a few brown spots. If they’re too ripe, they’ll turn brown and mushy too quickly.
- Coconut Whipped Cream: To keep this recipe vegan, use nondairy whipped cream, such as coconut whipped cream or almond whipped cream.
- Graham Crackers: Finely crush regular or gluten-free graham crackers for the crust.
- Melted Vegan Butter: Mixes with the crushed graham crackers and sugar to create the graham cracker crust.
- Sugar: Use cane sugar or coconut sugar to perfectly sweeten the crust.
How to make banana cream pie in a jar
Step 1: Finely crush graham crackers in a ziplock bag. Then, pour into a bowl and mix with melted vegan butter and sugar.
Step 2: In 2 large mason jars or 4 small mason jars, drop a dollop of the coconut whipped cream, then drop a few banana slices on top, and top with the crushed grahams. Repeat the layers until the mason jars are full. Refrigerate and enjoy!
- Choose ripe bananas: For best results, bananas should be ripe but not overly ripe. Look for bananas that are yellow with just a few brown spots. These will be sweeter and have a creamier texture.
- Finely crush graham crackers: To crush the graham crackers into fine crumbs, place them in a sealed ziplock baggie and use a rolling pin to roll over the bag. Alternatively, you can crush them in a food processor. Just be sure that they are in fine crumbs, not chunks.
- Make gluten free: To make this recipe gluten free, simply use gluten-free graham crackers. All of the other ingredients are naturally gluten free.
- Make vegan: To make this recipe vegan, ensure that the graham crackers are vegan (most are) and use a non-dairy whipped cream.
Frequently asked questions
Yes, you can really use any favorite cookie that you want. As you can see from the pictures, I didn't use traditional graham crackers. Vanilla wafers would be another great option.
Store the jars, either covered with plastic wrap or sealed with the lids, in the refrigerator for up to 2-3 days.
More banana desserts
- Coffee Cake Banana Bread
- Healthy Banana Cream Pie
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Chip Banana Oatmeal Bars
Banana Cream Pie Jars
- 4 small mason jars
Banana Cream Pie Jars Ingredients
- 2 bananas sliced
- 1 cup coconut whipped cream
- ¾ cup regular or gluten free graham crackers
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut or cane sugar
Banana Cream Pie Jars Instructions
- Finely crush graham crackers in a ziplock bag. Then, pour into a bowl and mix with melted vegan butter and sugar.
- In 2 large mason jars or 4 small mason jars, drop a dollop of the coconut whipped cream, then drop a few banana slices on top, and top with the crushed grahams. Repeat the layers until the mason jars are full. Refrigerate and enjoy!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.