Chickpea + Avocado ("Tuna") Salad
This chickpea and avocado salad will remind you of tuna salad, but without meat or dairy! It's creamy, flavorful, and versatile. Enjoy it with chips or crackers, spread on toast, added to the top of a salad, or on it's own!
Avocado Cream Dressing
- 1 ripe avocado, peeled and pitted
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup cool water
- 1 tablespoon lemon or lime juice
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
Avocado and Chickpea Salad Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup diced bell peppers
- 1 cup diced celery
- ¼ cup freshly chopped green onion
- ⅓ cup diced red onion
Recipe for Chickpea and Avocado Salad
- Begin by adding the avocado, olive oil, water, lemon juice, garlic powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper to a blender. Blend until creamy, adding more water if needed.
- In a mixing bowl, add the chickpeas, bell peppers, celery, green and red onion. Drizzle the avocado cream dressing over the salad. Toss until mixed well and serve on toast, with chips/crackers, on top of salads, or on it's own!
Calories: 128kcalCarbohydrates: 14gProtein: 3gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!