Chickpea Meatballs & Tahini Brussels Sprouts
- 15 oz Canned Chickpeas
- ¼ cup Diced Onion
- 1 tablespoon Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Dried Oregano
- ¼ cup Whole Wheat Bread Crumbs
- 3 tablespoon Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Black Pepper
Tahini Drizzled Brussels Sprouts
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 1 tablespoon Olive Oil
- 4 tablespoon Tahini
- Using a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat for 1-2 minutes. Pour in chickpeas, onion, spices, and garlic and cook for 5-6 minutes. Remove from heat and smash the mixture with a fork. Once all of the chickpeas are roughly smashed, mix them with the breadcrumbs. You may also use a food processor to blend all the ingredients together.
- Using a tablespoon, scoop a heaping tablespoon of the mixture and roll in your hands to form the scoops into balls. If your balls are dry or not sticking together (this can happen if your chickpeas are dry), add a few tablespoons of water or a drizzle of olive oil to add more moisture.
- Next, reheat your skillet on the stove to medium and add 2 more tablespoons of olive oil. Once the oil is warmed, fry your meatballs in the pan until all of the sides are golden brown.
- Slice Brussel Sprouts in half or quarters. Heat a large skillet to medium high heat. Pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Fry the Brussels sprouts in the pan until they are browned and crispy (about 15 minutes), stirring frequently. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and drizzle with tahini. Serve topped with the meatballs. Add more tahini for serving!
Serving: 1gCalories: 324kcalCarbohydrates: 24gProtein: 10gFat: 24g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!