Easy Spaghetti Squash Vegan Tofu Parmesan
- 2 large whole spaghetti squash
Crispy Vegan Tofu Parmesan
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- ½ cup regular or gluten free breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoon grated vegan parmesan cheese
- 1 block of extra firm tofu
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup store-bought or homemade marinara
- chopped parsley
Super Easy Homemade Marinara
- 1 15 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
Crispy Tofu and Spaghetti Squash Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Slice spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise), and use a spoon to remove the seeds and filling. Spray the cut side of the squash with olive oil spray, season with salt and pepper. Place the squash, cut side done, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes in the oven. You will know they are done when the skin is tender to touch and the "strands" of the squash pull apart easily with a fork.
- While the squash is baking, prepare your tofu by chopping it into bite sized pieces (about an inch long and half an inch wide). Press the pieces of tofu with paper-towels until they are dry. Season with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Bring a large skillet with olive oil to medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the almond milk and cornstarch together. In a separate bowl, mix the flour, bread crumbs, and grated vegan parmesan cheese. Dip each piece of tofu in the almond milk mixture and then toss in the flour mixture.
- Once the oil in the skillet is warm, add the tofu to the skillet and cook for 3-5 minutes on each side until both sides are golden.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done baking, allow it to cool and use a fork to pull apart the strands, leaving them in their skin. Top each half of spaghetti squash with marinara, crispy tofu, and sprinkle with chopped parsley.
Homemade Marinara Instructions
- If preparing homemade marinara sauce, bring a small saucepan with olive oil to medium heat. Add the garlic and cook until it sizzles. Add the tomato sauce and spices, reduce heat to low, cook stirring for about 15 minutes. Set aside.
Calories: 334kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 10gFat: 13g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!