Oreo cookie and chocolate chip cookie lovers, I have good news for you! These Chunky & Chewy Double Stuf OREO Cookies are insanely delicious! Imagine a freshly baked batch of homemade chocolate chip cookies, loaded with oreos! This batch of ooey gooey cookies are vegan, gluten-free friendly (thanks to OREO's Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies) and no one will ever know it. Everyone will love these Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies because they are golden on the bottom, soft, buttery, and sweet in the center - and super easy to make!
Why this recipe is the best
There are a few reasons why this recipe creates The Best Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies! The first reason is because this recipe is So Easy! You only need one bowl and a handful of affordable ingredients found anywhere. The simple instructions guide you through making this oreo chocolate chip cookie recipe in just 20 minutes.
Another reason why this recipe is the best is because you can use it to make either vegan oreo chocolate chip cookies, gluten-free oreo chocolate chip cookies, both, or neither! Simply use regular or gluten-free oreo cookies, and either regular or vegan versions of the ingredients listed below.
Finally, this recipe is just the best because these cookies turn our delicious! The combination of a classic, golden, and buttery chocolate chip cookie merged with the chocolatey frosted flavors of an oreo cookie is simply amazing!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookie Ingredients
- Butter: We recommend using melted vegan butter in these oreo chocolate chip cookies to keep this recipe vegan-friendly and dairy-free. You can use regular butter if you are not concerned about this.
- Sugar: No chocolate chip cookie is complete without sugar. We recommend using organic cane sugar in this recipe.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is essential for the perfect chocolate chip cookie recipe.
- Flax Eggs or Regular Eggs: In these oreo chocolate chip cookies, you can use flax eggs (instructions below) to keep it vegan, or you can use 1 regular egg.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is needed to help our cookies rise.
- Milk: We recommend using almond or oat milk in this oreo chocolate chip cookie recipe. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular milk also works.
- Salt: Salt balances out the flavors and sweetness in our delicious cookie recipe.
- Flour: You may use regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in these oreo chocolate chip cookies. My gluten-free flour of choice is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Chocolate Chips: You may use regular or vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips in this recipe. We like the brand Enjoy Life.
- Oreo Cookies: I used Gluten-Free Oreo Cookies in this recipe. You can use regular oreos if you are not concerned about keeping this recipe gluten-free!
How To Make Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Step 1: Preheat the oven. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small bowl, mix your ground flax seeds and warm water together to make the flax eggs. Let this mixture sit for 2 minutes or until a thick gel forms. If you are using regular eggs (non-vegan version), you don't need to make the flax eggs.
Step 2: In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, almond milk, salt, and flax eggs (or regular eggs). Mix until smooth and then add the flour. Mix until a thick cookie dough forms.
Step 3: Crush about 1 heaping cup of oreo cookies and fold it into the cookie dough along with the vegan chocolate chips.
Step 4: Scoop about 2-3 tablespoon of cookie dough per cookie onto the baking sheet. Leave about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 10 minutes or until the cookies have flattened and are golden on the bottoms.
Step 5: Allow the oreo chocolate chip cookies to cool on a wire cookie rack before serving warm with a glass of milk (I recommend oat milk!)
Frequently Asked Questions
Oreos are vegan-friendly because they don't contain any animal products. That being said, there may be cross contamination during the manufacturing process, so if you have a dairy allergy I would recommend caution.
Luckily oreo released a line of gluten-free cookies! If you have a gluten-intolerance, I highly recommend. You can't even tell the difference! If you are making these oreo chocolate chip cookies gluten-free, be sure to use a gluten-free flour in your cookie dough. My favorite gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
Yes! I would recommend trying my Perfect Vegan Chocolate Chip Cookies, my famous Vegan Sugar Cookies, or these Easy Oatmeal Raisin Cookies!
Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
Gluten Free Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal + 4 tablespoon hot water or one regular egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- ¼ cup vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped Double Stuf Gluten-Free OREO Cookies
Gluten Free Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Preheat oven to 425. Prepare your flax eggs by mixing 2 tablespoon of flaxseed meal with 4 tablespoon warm water and set aside. Use a knife to roughly chop up about a cup of gluten-free oreo cookies. Set aside.
- In a medium sized mixing bowl, mix together the melted vegan butter, cane sugar, vanilla, flax eggs, baking powder, salt, and almond milk. Then, mix in the flour until a thick dough forms. Fold in the chocolate chips and chopped Double Stuf Gluten-Free OREO Cookies.
- Use your hands to roll the cookies into about 18 balls and place onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake for 8-12 minutes until the cookies are lightly golden on the bottom. Enjoy!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.
Kelly Bumgardner says
Hi! I love your recipes. Could you use regular eggs in these?
Jillian Glenn says
Hi Kelly, you can but the flax seed meal mixture truly is going to produce the chewiest and most delicious cookie! My best friend is not vegan but prefers the flax seed meal rather than regular eggs in this recipe. So do her children! She's tried both!
Regan B says
Hi, is it possible to use mashed banana instead of flax? Or chia seeds? Also is it possible to omit the oreos and chocolate chip and make these into cinnamon cookies instead?
Hi there - I'd recommend using the flax seed meal mixture. It creates that moist chewy texture. If you don't want a chocolate chip oreo cookie then I recommend using my vegan sugar cookies and adding cinnamon.
Could you substitute a different plant-based milk if almond isn’t on hand? Are rice or soy milk ok? Thanks!
Hi Kim, absolutely! Any dairy or non-dairy milk will work here!
Hi Jillian! Great recipe, what other vegan option do I have instead of vegan butter
Hi Chanelle! I would recommend coconut oil instead of vegan butter. You may need to add a bit more salt to your cookie dough because the coconut oil is sweeter than vegan butter.