Copy Cat Vegan Cosmic Brownies
These gooey, moist, and chocolatey vegan brownies will remind you of your favorite childhood snacks! If you grew up loving cosmic brownies, this recipe is a must-try! You only need a handful of ingredients and about thirty minutes. Everyone will love these and no one will guess they're vegan, can be made gluten-free, and even reduced sugar thanks to our sponsor, purecane!
Vegan Copy-Cat Cosmic Brownie Batter
- ½ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ½ cup non-dairy milk such as unsweetened oat or almond milk, at room temperature
- 1 cup regular cane sugar or ⅓ - ½ cup purecane sugar substitute
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
Vegan Copy-Cat Cosmic Brownie Topping
- 1 cup powdered sugar or purecane powdered sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- ¼ cup colorful vegan sprinkles
Vegan Copy-Cat Cosmic Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Either grease a 9x11 or 8x9 metal baking pan or line 10 muffin wells with paper liners.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, any non dairy milk or creamer, sugar or purecane, vanilla, and baking powder. Then whisk in the cocoa powder until completely combined. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes or until the edges begin to crackle. Alternatively, you can spoon the batter into 10 muffin wells and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While the vegan brownies bake, use a whisk or hand mixer to mix the powdered sugar, vanilla, cocoa powder, almond or oat milk, and melted vegan butter to make the chocolate icing.
- Allow the brownies to cool in the baking pan. Once they're cool, remove the lined brownies from the muffin wells and place onto your serving dish. Or cut the brownies into 10-12 pieces and place them onto the serving dish.
- Drizzle the chocolate icing over each brownie and sprinkle with sprinkles. Enjoy!
Q: Can this recipe be made with any non-dairy milk? A: Yes, you can use any non-dairy milk in this recipe, but my preference is unsweetened oat or almond milk. If you're not dairy-free, you may also use regular cow's milk. Q: What can I use in place of the vegan butter in this recipe? A: I'd recommend using any vegan or regular butter (if you're not vegan) in this recipe. You may also use melted coconut oil for a healthier alternative. Q: Do I have to make this recipe with gluten free flour? A: Nope! You may use regular all-purpose flour if you are not gluten-free!
Calories: 282kcalCarbohydrates: 47gProtein: 2gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!