Vegan Funfetti Rolls
These vegan funfetti sweet rolls are the perfect dish for a fun birthday breakfast! Fluffy, buttery, and covered with icing and sprinkles! They're as fun to make as they are to eat!
Vegan Funfetti Rolls Dough (with yeast) - 2 Hours
- 1 cup warm (not hot) almond milk
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
- 2 ½ cups regular all purpose flour or 2 cups gluten-free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Quick Vegan Funfetti Rolls Dough (no yeast) - 30 Minutes
- ¾ cup almond or oat milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 tablespoon non-dairy yogurt
Vegan Funfetti Rolls Filling
- ⅓ cup softened vegan butter
- ¼ cup sugar
- 4 tablespoon vegan rainbow sprinkles
Vegan Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
Yeasted Vegan Funfetti Rolls - 2 Hours
- Prepare the dough by mixing the warm almond milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and salt together. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour (2 ½ cups of regular flour or 2 cups of gluten free flour) and mix until a dough forms. If you are using gluten-free flour, use your hands to work in the non-dairy yogurt into the dough to help the dough together.
- Leaving the dough in the bowl, form it into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour. I like to sit my bowl on top of an oven preheated to 350. The warmth from the oven helps the dough rise faster. Note, if using gluten free all purpose flour, the dough will rise slightly less than the dough containing gluten.
- After the dough has risen for an hour place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Spread the softened vegan butter to cover the dough. Top with the sugar and rainbow sprinkles.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a towel and set aside for another 30 minutes. Note, if your rolls are gluten free, they won't be as voluminous as rolls with gluten in them, but they'll be every bit as delicious!
- Remove the towel and bake the rolls in the oven for about 35 minutes for regular funfetti rolls or 25-30 minutes for gluten-free funfetti rolls (or until they are golden).
- While the rolls are baking, make the vegan cream cheese frosting by using an electric hand mixer to mix together the softened vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vegan cream cheese. Allow the rolls to cool and spread the icing over the rolls. Enjoy!
Quick No-Yeast Vegan Funfetti Rolls - 30 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix ¾ cup almond milk, ½ cup melted vegan butter, and 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder together. Then, add the 2 cups of regular or gluten free all purpose flour together and mix until a thick dough forms. If you're using gluten-free flour, I recommend adding a tablespoon of non dairy yogurt to the mixture to help bind the dough together.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread the softened butter to cover the dough. Top with the sugar and rainbow sprinkles.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the rolls for about 20 minutes. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the rolls are baking, you may use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar to make the icing. Allow the rolls to cool before frosting. Enjoy!
Serving: 1Calories: 206kcalCarbohydrates: 37gProtein: 3gFat: 14g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!