Skip the sugary store-bought stuff and make this Homemade Peanut Butter Granola with just four ingredients! It is a delightful treat that strikes the perfect balance between nutty, sweet, and crunchy. With just a handful of simple ingredients, this easy-to-make granola recipe yields clusters of golden-brown oats and rice cereal, bound together by creamy salted peanut butter and a touch of maple syrup. Ideal for breakfast or snacking, this homemade granola promises a satisfying crunch with optional hints of cinnamon and a sprinkle of sea salt for added flair.
Easy Peanut Butter Granola Ingredients
- Rolled oats: Create a hearty base for your granola with nutrient-rich rolled oats.
- Rice cereal: Add a light and crispy texture to the mix with rice cereal.
- Creamy salted peanut butter: Infuse the granola with rich, savory notes using creamy salted peanut butter.
- Maple syrup: Achieve the perfect level of sweetness with the natural sweetness of maple syrup.
- Cinnamon (optional): Enhance the flavor profile with a hint of warm cinnamon, if desired.
- Sea salt, for topping (optional): Elevate the taste experience by sprinkling a touch of sea salt on top.
Peanut Butter Granola Recipe Instructions
Step 1 - Prepare The Granola: Preheat the oven to 325°F (163°C). In a large mixing bowl, combine 2 cups rolled oats, 2 cups rice cereal, ½ cup creamy salted peanut butter, and ¼ cup maple syrup. Optionally, add ½ teaspoon of cinnamon for extra flavor. Mix until the oats and cereal are evenly coated with the peanut butter and syrup.
Step 2 - Bake The Granola: Evenly distribute the oat mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake the peanut butter granola in the preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until golden brown.
Step 3 - Cool and Break Into Clusters: Remove from the oven and allow the granola to cool completely before breaking it into clusters. Optionally, sprinkle with sea salt for an additional layer of taste. Enjoy your Homemade Peanut Butter Granola on its own, with yogurt, or as a topping for your favorite treats.
This homemade peanut butter granola recipe is so easy and delicious! It has less sugar than most store-brought brands and only requires 4 ingredients. We recommend serving the peanut butter granola on top of a yogurt bowl with fresh fruit, on it's own as a snack, or on top of a smoothie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Store the Homemade Peanut Butter Granola in an airtight container at room temperature to maintain its crispness and flavors. Ensure the container is sealed tightly to prevent moisture from affecting the texture, and enjoy your granola within two weeks for optimal freshness.
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola can be a wholesome and nutritious option, especially when made with ingredients like rolled oats, peanut butter, and a modest amount of maple syrup. Rolled oats provide fiber, peanut butter contributes healthy fats and protein, and the granola offers a satisfying crunch. However, it's important to be mindful of portion sizes due to the calorie content. Enjoy in moderation for a healthy addition to your day!
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola
- baking sheet
- parchment paper
- measuring cups
- a large spoon for mixing
- a large bowl for mixing
Homemade Peanut Butter Granola Ingredients
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups rice cereal
- ½ cup creamy salted peanut butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon optional
- sea salt, for topping optional
How To Make Peanut Butter Granola
- Preheat the oven to 325.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the oats, rice cereal, peanut butter, and maple syrup together. Option to sprinkle in cinnamon. Mix until the oats and cereal are evenly coated with the peanut butter and syrup.
- Evenly distribute the oat mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and let it cool completely before breaking into clusters.