Summer is coming to an end and that means a lot of folks are squeezing in those final vacations.
Here are a few tips I use when traveling to stay healthy and balanced.
1. Keep your morning routine! Starting your day on the right note is SO important to keep you grounded … even when you’re on vacation. I travel with my journal, athletic greens, seed daily synbiotic, and nuzest protein powder. I always start the morning with prayer, gratitude, & a smoothie. If you're staying in a hotel & can’t make one yourself, grab one out or munch on some fruit and nuts in the morning instead! It also doesn’t have to be a smoothie! Just be sure to break your fast with something that fuels you properly so that you have energy for your fun day ahead.
2. Move!! This is easy if you’re touring a city and walking a lot! But, if you’re not, try to squeeze in a quick yoga sesh in your room or even hit up the hotel gym for 20 minutes. You’ll feel so good and I find that it helps me stay on track with my fitness goals!
3. Follow the 80/20 rule: If your goal is to eat healthier, then try your best to enjoy healthy meals 80% of the time - for me this means breakfast & lunch are full of fresh fruits and veggies dinner is where I incorporate that 20% and it’s whatever my soul is craving! This helps me feel like I haven’t missed out on any delicious food I’ve mindfully indulged in moderation.
4. Stay Hydrated! Especially if you’re in the sun, are being super active, traveling on an airplane, or indulging in adult beverages (all of these can be super dehydrating)!
5. Don’t Stress and HAVE FUN! Seriously, life is too short to obsess over food when you’re on vacation. Do your best and let go of the rest. Focus on having fun, being present in the moment, and baking some beautiful memories.