If you're in the mood for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich but want something a little healthier, give this Grilled Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich drizzled with Vegan Un-Honey a try! This recipe is made in minutes, is vegan, gluten-free friendly, and absolutely delicious. If you're not vegan, feel free to use regular honey in this recipe. Kids and adults will love it and no one will miss the jam!
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich Ingredients
- Bread: We used gluten-free bread from Simple Kneads but feel free to use the sandwich bread of your choice.
- Peanut Butter: We used the crunchy peanut butter from Once Again but feel free to use crunchy or creamy peanut butter in this recipe.
- Strawberries: Fresh and in-season strawberries make all the difference here which is why this sandwich is perfect for Spring and Summer.
- Butter: We used vegan butter from Country Crock Plant Butter in this recipe to grill our Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular butter.
- Honey: We drizzled the top of our sandwich with vegan "Un-Honey". As always, if you are not vegan, regular honey will work well! Maple syrup is another plant-based alternative for you to try instead of honey.
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich Instructions
This recipe is so simple. Spread the peanut butter onto one slice of bread and then layer the strawberries onto the other slice. Put the two slices together to form a sandwich and then fry in vegan butter. Serve warm drizzled with vegan honey.
Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich with Vegan Honey
- Cutting Board
- knife for spreading peanut butter
- knife for slicing strawberries
- small or medium skillet for frying
Grilled Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich Ingredients
- 2 slices regular or gluten-free bread
- 2 tablespoon creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- ¼ cup sliced strawberries
- ½ tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon vegan honey optional
How To Make Grilled Peanut Butter and Strawberry Sandwich
- Begin by slicing the fresh strawberries into thin slices. Then, layer them on top of one of the slices of bread. Spread the peanut butter onto the other slice of bread. Place the two slices together to form a sandwich.
- Bring a skillet with vegan butter to medium heat. Once the butter melts and begins to sizzle, place the sandwich into the frying pan and fry for 2 minutes on each side (or until golden).
- Remove the sandwich from the pan with a spatula. Drizzle it with vegan honey or maple syrup if desired, and enjoy warm!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.