Pink Valentine's Day Vegan Sugar Cookies
Are you looking for the perfect Valentine's Day Cookie? Give these easy vegan sugar cookies a try. They're made in 20 minutes and are incredibly delicious! No one will believe they're vegan and gluten free optional!
Pink Vegan Sugar Cookies
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal + 4 tablespoon hot water or one regular egg
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 cup sugar or ⅓ cup purecane sugar-free substitute
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon almond or oat milk
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 to 4 drops of red food coloring
- 1 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Pink Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 drops red food coloring
Vegan Valentine's Day Sprinkles
- I used vegan valentine's day sprinkles from fancy sprinkles
Valentine's Day Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Begin by preheating the oven to 425. Mix the flax seed meal and hot water together to make the flax eggs. Allow this to sit for 2 minutes until a thick gel forms. This is what we call a "flax egg". If you're not vegan, you may use one regular egg in this recipe.
- Mix the melted vegan butter, flax eggs, sugar, baking powder, vanilla, almond or oat milk, and salt (if using). If you'd like to make the sugar cookies pink, you may add red food coloring to the mixture. Add the regular or gluten free all purpose flour until a thick dough forms.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Use your hands to roll about a tablespoon of the dough into a ball and place onto the baking sheet. It should roll easily in your hands - If the dough is too sticky to roll, sprinkle a little more flour into the dough (start with just a tablespoon or two) until the dough is thick enough to roll into a ball. Place each ball onto the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 9-10 minutes.
- While the cookies are baking, use an electric hand mixer to mix the almond milk, softened vegan butter, and powdered sugar, and vanilla together to make the vegan vanilla frosting. Option to add 2 drops of red food coloring to make the frosting pink. Let the cookies cool before frosting them and topping with valentine's day sprinkles. Frosting adds about 50 calories each. These are also delicious without frosting!
Serving: 1Calories: 110kcalCarbohydrates: 16gProtein: 1gFat: 5g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!