Vegan Sweet Potato & Butternut Squash Soup
This creamy vegan butternut squash and sweet potato soup is delicious and full of flavor! It's so simple to make and super healthy! This is a vegan soup recipe that everyone will love!
- 3 cup peeled and diced sweet potatoes
- 3 cup diced butternut squash
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 2 cup leeks, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon cumin
- 5 cup low sodium vegetable broth
- 1 15 ounce can coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a large pot, heat the olive oil and then add onions and garlic and ginger. Cook about 5 minutes.
- Stir in leeks, sweet potato, squash, and spices. Cook for 5 more minutes.
- Then, pour in the vegetable broth and bring it to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to simmer, cover the pot with a lid, and cook for about 45 minutes (until veggies are soft).
- Remove from heat, pour in entire contents of the can of coconut milk and use a handheld immersion blender to blend the soup together.
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!