Vegan cream cheese frosting is a delicious topping for almost any baked good! I prefer it to buttercream frosting on almost every occasion because it is less sugary, and more rich and creamy!! Vegan cream cheese frosting goes well on top of vegan cinnamon rolls, cakes, cupcakes, and honestly ... just eaten straight off of the spoon!
You only need 3 ingredients in a few minutes to make this easy vegan cream cheese frosting recipe. Everyone will love it and no one will ever guess it's vegan icing.
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- Cream Cheese: We use vegan cream cheese to make the vegan cream cheese frosting. If you're not vegan, regular cream cheese will work too.
- Butter: We use softened vegan butter to make the vegan cream cheese icing. If you're not vegan, regular butter will work.
- Powdered Sugar: We use powdered sugar to thicken and sweeten the frosting.
How To Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
Step 1: Use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar together until creamy.
Step 2: Spread it on literally (almost) any baked good.
Frequently Asked Questions
I personally love the brand Miyokos or Kite Hill. There are a lot of great vegan cream cheeses available!
Miyokos is my absolute favorite. It's made from clean ingredients like coconut oil and cashews. I also love the brand Country Crock Plant-Butter, Kite Hill, and Earth Balance. To read more about my vegan butter reviews, click here.
The easiest way to soften vegan butter is by simply letting it sit on the counter at room temperature for 30 minutes to an hour. If you need a quicker approach, microwave for 15-20 seconds or sit the butter on top of a warm oven for 2-3 minutes.
Recipes you need to slather this vegan cream cheese frosting on
- Vegan Funfetti Cake
- Vegan Sugar Cookies
- Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Carrot Cake
- Vegan Cinnamon Roll Oatmeal Bars
How to Make Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 3 cup powdered sugar
- 8 oz vegan cream cheese
- 8 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the powdered sugar, vegan cream cheese, and softened vegan butter together until smooth. Serve immediately, refrigerate for 5-7 days or store in the freezer for 30 days.