The Best Vegan Cinnamon Rolls with Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
These are the best cinnamon rolls you will ever have! Vegan or not! The golden, fluffy, and buttery dough is wrapped around a delicious cinnamon sugar filling. The batch is topped with my famous vegan cream cheese icing for an out of this world cinnamon roll sensation!
Need to make these cinnamon rolls gluten free? Click the link below!
- Vegan & Gluten Free Cinnamon Rolls Recipe
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls
- 1 cup warm (not hot) oat or almond milk
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 ½ cup regular all purpose flour
Vegan Cinnamon Roll Filling
- ⅓ cup softened vegan butter
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
- 4 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
Vegan Cinnamon Rolls Instructions
- Prepare the vegan cinnamon roll dough by mixing the warm oat or almond milk, melted vegan butter, maple syrup, and salt. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes. Note: If making these gluten-free, scroll up for a link to access the gluten-free version of this recipe.
- Add the all-purpose flour and mix until a dough forms. Leaving the dough in the bowl, form it into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour. I like to sit my bowl on top of an oven preheated to 350. The warmth from the oven helps the dough rise faster. Expect the vegan cinnamon roll dough to nearly double in size.
- After the dough has risen for an hour place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Top with the sugar and cinnamon.
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a towel or loose plastic wrap and set aside for another 30 minutes. Your pinwheels will nearly double in size.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the rolls in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the vegan cream cheese frosting by using an electric hand mixer to mix together the softened vegan butter, powdered sugar, and vegan cream cheese. Allow the rolls to cool and spread the icing over the rolls. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 344kcalCarbohydrates: 49gProtein: 4gFat: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!