Vegan Strawberry Jelly Rolls
These vegan strawberry jelly rolls are insanely delicious! This is a homestyle comfort food that makes for a perfect vegan breakfast or dessert. They're so easy, the dough is wonderfully fluffy on the inside and golden on the outside. The filling is sweet and buttery. They're topped with tasty homemade vegan vanilla icing. This is a recipe that everyone will love and be amazed that is vegan!
Yeasted Vegan Dough - 2 Hours
- 1 cup almond milk, warmed
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 3 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
- 2 ½ cups regular all purpose flour or 2 cups gluten free all purpose flour
Quick Vegan Jelly Roll Dough - 30 Minutes (no yeast)
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
- 2 tablespoon non dairy yogurt
Vegan Strawberry Jelly Rolls Filling
- 1 ½ cup strawberry jam, jelly, or preserves
- ⅓ cup softened vegan butter
Vegan Vanilla Frosting
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ½ tablespoon almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Vegan Strawberry Jelly Rolls (with yeast) - 2 Hours
- Prepare the dough by mixing the warm almond milk, melted vegan butter, and maple syrup. Sprinkle the active dry yeast evenly across the top of the mixture, stir gently, and let it sit for about 10 minutes.
- Add the flour and mix until a dough forms. If using gluten free flour, scoop 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt into the dough and use your hands to work it into the dough. This step will make the gluten free dough more elastic and hold together better while rolling. If using regular flour, this step isn't necessary.
- Form the dough into a round mound and cover the bowl with plastic wrap or a kitchen towel. Allow it to sit for an hour. I like to sit my bowl on top of a preheated oven. The warmth from the oven helps the dough rise faster. Note, if using gluten free flour, the dough will rise less.
- After the dough has risen for an hour place it on a floured surface and roll the dough into a ¼ inch oval or rectangle (add more flour if the dough is too sticky to roll). Note, if using gluten-free flour, the dough will be slightly more dry. Spread the softened butter to cover the dough and then spread the jelly over top.
- Roll the dough into a log and cut it into about 10 pinwheels. Place the pinwheels into a baking dish so that they are close but not touching. Cover them with a towel or loose plastic wrap and set aside for another 30 minutes. Note, if your rolls are gluten free, they won't be as voluminous as rolls with gluten in them, but they'll be every bit as delicious!
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Remove plastic wrap and bake the rolls in the oven for about 35 minutes.
- While the rolls are baking, make the frosting by mixing together the powdered sugar, almond milk, and vanilla. Allow the rolls to cool and drizzle the icing over the rolls. Enjoy!
Quick Vegan Jelly Rolls (no yeast) - 30 Minutes
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix ¾ cup almond milk, ½ cup melted vegan butter, and 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder together. Then, add the 2 ¼ cups of regular or gluten free all purpose flour together and mix until a thick dough forms.
- If using gluten free flour, scoop 2 tablespoon of non dairy yogurt into the dough and use your hands to work it into the dough. This step will make the gluten free dough more elastic and hold together better while rolling. If using regular flour, this step isn't necessary.
- Place the dough onto a floured surface and sprinkle the top with more flour. Use a floured rolling pin to roll the dough into a ¼ inch thick slab. Spread with softened vegan butter and jelly or jam evenly over the slab.
- Carefully roll the dough into a log. Slice the log into 10-12 pinwheels and place them into a greased round dish. Bake the cinnamon rolls for about 20 minutes. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give them more color.
- While the rolls are baking, you may use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese, softened butter, and powdered sugar to make the icing. Allow the rolls to cool before frosting. Enjoy!
Serving: 1gCalories: 339kcalCarbohydrates: 52gProtein: 3gFat: 12g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!