Vegan Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
Sun dried tomato pesto is my favorite kind of pesto. If you've never had it - now's the time to give it a try! This vegan sun dried tomato pesto is ridiculously good! Serve it with gluten free pasta from Ancient Harvest, crispy golden chickpeas, and freshly sautéed broccolini for a meal that will make everyone's mouths water! The sun dried tomato vegan pesto uses cashews, pine nuts, garlic, and olive oil. A bit of nutritional yeast provides the cheesy flavor - you won't even notice there is no parmesan! Enjoy this easy vegan and gluten free meal today! Everyone will love it and they will definitely dive in for seconds!
Sun-dried Tomato Pesto
- ½ cup boiled cashews
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 8 oz jar of sun-dried tomatoes
- ¼ cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 cloves fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cup brocoli or broccolini florets
- 1 15 ounce can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 package of ancient harvest gluten free pasta
- Begin by boiling the cashews. You will do this by heating a small pot on the stove to medium high. Pour in 1 cup of water and cashews. Bring the entire pot to a boil. Once it’s reached a boil, cover with a lid and reduce temperature to low. Set timer to 20 minutes.
- While waiting for cashews to boil, cook your Ancient Harvest pasta as instructed.
- Then, heat a large skillet to medium high, pour in 1 tablespoon of olive oil, broccolini florets and chickpeas. Season with salt and pepper. Saute until chickpeas are golden, about 10 minutes. Once cooked, set your pasta, broccolini, and chickpeas aside.
- Once cashews are boiled (they will be tender and break easily), drain the water from them and pour them into a food processor. Then, add your olive oil, sun-dried tomatoes, pine nuts, nutritional yeast, garlic, onion powder, and salt. Blend on high until the cashews, pine nuts, and sun-dried tomatoes are broken down and the contents are blended together. It should take less than a minute.
- Mix the sun dried tomato pesto with the cooked and cooled pasta, and the crispy chickpeas and broccolini. Serve warm or cool!
Calories: 368kcalCarbohydrates: 44gProtein: 10gFat: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!