This creamy and flavorful pasta bake is absolutely mouthwatering! You will not believe how easy and delicious this recipe is! It's inspired by the trending one-dish feta pasta bake that everyone was making on Instagram and TikTok. For those who aren't fans of feta, or who are searching for a vegan-friendly or gluten-free-friendly alternative, this recipe is for you! Here's your warning ... it's addictive!
This recipe is so simple! You only need a handful of ingredients and minimal kitchen equipment. This ricotta pasta bake turns out perfect every time, even if you're a beginner cook!
One Dish - preferably a 9x11 inch ceramic casserole or baking dish
Saucepan - for cooking the regular or gluten-free pasta
Fork - for mashing the ricotta cheese and the tomatoes in the dish
Baked Ricotta Pasta Ingredients
- Garlic: Using cloves of freshly peeled and minced garlic is essential in this recipe.
- Olive Oil: Extra Virgin Olive Oil is preferred
- Ricotta Cheese: You may use regular or vegan ricotta cheese. I like the brand Kite Hill - the number one ingredient is almonds. Kite Hill Ricotta is non-GMO certified and uses no artificial preservatives.
- Salt and Pepper
- Pasta: You can use regular or gluten-free pasta in this ricotta pasta dish. I prefer fusilli pasta.
- Basil: Fresh basil leaves are used to garnish this pasta bake.
How To Make Baked Ricotta Pasta
Add the tomatoes and freshly minced garlic in one dish. Toss together and then use a spoon to create a space in the center of the baking dish to make room for the ricotta. Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil. Bake for 35-40 minutes until the tomatoes begin to blister.
While the tomatoes and ricotta cheese bake, prepare your regular or gluten-free pasta.
Once the ricotta and tomatoes are done baking, use a fork to mash them in the dish until the pasta sauce is creamy. The tomatoes and garlic will be fragrant. Spoon in your rinsed and drained pasta and toss together. Serve topped with fresh basil.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! If you are not vegan or dairy free, feel free to use feta cheese to make this a feta pasta bake. You will follow the same steps and measurements.
Nope! Both regular or vegan ricotta cheese hold their form when baking.
Yes! I used the brand Jovial which is a brown rice pasta to make this a gluten-free pasta bake.
Other Delicious Plant-Based Dinners
- Cheesy Mexican Black Bean Casserole
- Creamy Coconut Curry & Rice Casserole
- Vegan Sun-dried Tomato Pesto Pasta
Baked Ricotta Pasta
- 9x11 ceramic baking dish
- Medium Saucepan
One-Dish Ricotta Bake
- 4 cups cherry tomatoes
- 3 cloves freshly minced garlic
- 4 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 8 oz regular or vegan ricotta cheese I used Kite Hill
- salt and pepper
Vegan Ricotta Pasta Bake
- 2 cups cooked regular or gluten-free fusilli pasta about 6oz dried pasta
- fresh basil
Baked Ricotta Pasta
- Preheat the oven to 400.
- Add the tomatoes and freshly minced garlic into the baking dish. Toss together and then use a spoon to create a space in the middle of the dish large enough for the mound of ricotta to fit.
- Place the ricotta in the dish and then drizzle with the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes or until the tomatoes have blistered and the garlic is fragrant.
- While the tomatoes and ricotta bake, prepare about half a box of regular or gluten-free pasta. Drain and set aside.
- Remove from the oven and carefully use a fork to mash the tomatoes and ricotta cheese together until creamy. Once creamy, toss in your cooked pasta and garnish with basil. Enjoy warm!
Dulcie Holland says
This was amazing !!!
So happy you enjoyed! Thank you for trying my recipe!