Looking for a swift breakfast solution without compromising taste? Dive into these delectable bagel bites. Crafted with just two primary ingredients, they're not only simple but also vegan-friendly and can be gluten-free if you desire. Want a touch of sweet? Add an optional cinnamon sugar sprinkle. No matter what flavor you choose, these Two-Ingredient Bagel Bites will be a crowd pleaser.
Why You'll Love These Two Ingredient Bagel Bites
So Easy: I mean, can it get any easier than 2 ingredients? These bagel bites are so easy to whip up and are super healthy with only two ingredients.
Toppings: These 2-ingredient bagel bites are topped with a cinnamon sugar mixture, but you can top them with whatever you like! Try topping it with everything seasoning or sesame seeds. Or, spread a little bit of vegan cream cheese on each bite!
Best To-Go Option: If you are busy and need a quick breakfast, these are great to have on hand. Keep them in the fridge and grab a few every morning to start your day off right!
Homemade Cinnamon Sugar Bagel Bite Ingredients
This homemade cinnamon sugar bagel bites recipe uses minimal ingredients, plus an optional cinnamon sugar topping. Here's what you'll need:
- Dairy Free Yogurt: If you are vegan, use your favorite unsweetened non-dairy yogurt. If you are not vegan, feel free to use a dairy based yogurt.
- Flour: All purpose flour works well here, however you can make these bagel bites gluten-free by using a gluten-free flour. I recommend using a measure-for-measure gluten-free flour like King Arthur's.
- Topping: Melted Vegan Butter, Coconut or Cane Sugar, Cinnamon.
How to Make Two Ingredient Bagel Bites
To make your 2-ingredient bagel bites with cinnamon sugar from scratch, you'll need two mixing bowls, a baking sheet, and parchment paper. Here is how to make it:
Step 1: Use a fork to mix the non dairy yogurt and flour together until a thick dough forms. If the dough is wet and sticky, add another 2 tablespoons of flour until it rolls easily. Use your hands to roll about 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is used.
Step 2: If air frying, preheat to 375 F and bake for 10 minutes.
If baking in an oven, preheat to 350 F. Place the formed bagel bites onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. You'll know that they are done when they slide easily off the paper and you can break one open to make sure it is completely done. You can also broil at the end for 1-2 minutes to give them a bit more color and crust.
Step 3: While you are baking your bagel bites, microwave vegan butter in a small bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar. Once the bagel bites have cooled, roll each ball in the butter and then toss them in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Enjoy warm!
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Since these bagel bites are made with only flour and yogurt, they are much healthier than the store bought. They have no extra sugar or additives.
Yes, these are freezer friendly and can be frozen for up to 3 months. After letting them cool, wrap them individually in plastic wrap and place them in an airtight container. When you are ready to eat them, let them thaw on the counter and then pop them in the air fryer or oven to toast them up.
More Breakfast Recipes to Try
- 2-Ingredient Everything Bagels
- Vegan Gluten-Free Cinnamon Rolls
- Vegan Blueberry Baked Oatmeal
- Easy Vegan Drop Biscuits
- 2-Ingredient Pumpkin Bagel Bites
Two-Ingredient Bagel Bites
Two-Ingredient Bagel Dough
- 1 cup plain unsweetened non-dairy yogurt
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- ¼ cup coconut or cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
How To Make Two Ingredient Bagel Bites
- To make the 2 ingredient bagel bite dough, use a fork to mix the non dairy yogurt and flour together until a thick dough forms. If the dough is wet and sticky, add another 2 tablespoon of flour until it rolls easily. Use your hands to roll about 1 tablespoon of the dough into a ball. Repeat until all of the dough is used.
Air Fryer Instructions
- Heat the air fryer to 375 and bake for about 10 minutes or until they are lightly golden.
Oven Baking Instructions
- Preheat the oven to 350. Place the balls of dough onto a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes. You will know they're done when they slide easily off of the paper and you can break one open and see that it's completely cooked inside. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at end to give them more color.
Toppings and Serving
- While your bagel bites bake or air fry, microwave vegan butter in a small bowl. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the cinnamon and sugar together. Once the bagel bites have cooled, roll each ball of dough into the melted vegan butter, then toss with cinnamon sugar. Enjoy warm!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.