This is The Best Blueberry Cornbread Recipe! This moist and fluffy blueberry cornbread is going to melt in your mouth! It's golden, buttery, and so easy to make. You only need one bowl and a handful ingredients. Our secret to the perfect cornbread crumb is coconut milk. It adds a light sweet flavor (nope, you won't taste the coconut), and a super tender texture that will impress everyone. The best part about this recipe is that it is both vegan and gluten-free friendly.
Blueberry Cornbread Ingredients
The best part about this delicious vegan blueberry cornbread is the fact that it uses simple ingredients that are affordable and easy-to-find. You only need one bowl and minutes to make this delicious and tender loaf!
- Coconut Milk: To keep this recipe vegan, we use coconut milk instead of regular milk. This is also how the cornbread gets super moist and tender. We do not recommend substituting any other kind of milk for canned coconut milk as it will not match the creaminess of canned coconut milk. Don't worry - the cornbread doesn't taste like coconut.
- Agave: We use a small amount of agave to sweeten our blueberry cornbread batter.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan, we use melted vegan butter instead of regular butter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular butter will work.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder is how we create the fluffy texture in this delicious homemade blueberry cornbread. No eggs needed!
- Cornmeal: We use cornmeal to achieve that classic cornbread crumb and flavor.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in this recipe. Our favorite gluten-free all purpose flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
- Corn: Frozen kernels of corn are added to our cornbread batter.
- Blueberries: Feel free to use fresh blueberries or frozen. If using frozen blueberries, you don't need to thaw them before folding them into the batter.
How To Make Blueberry Cornbread
Step 1: Begin by preheating the oven to 375. Then, grease a metal loaf pan with nonstick baking spray. Mix the coconut milk, melted vegan butter, agave, and baking powder together. Then, add the cornmeal and flour and mix until a smooth batter forms.
Step 2: Fold the corn and blueberries into the cornbread batter and then transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan.
Step 3: Bake the cornbread in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until it is golden on the top and brown around the edges. Serve warm spread with vegan butter or drizzled with agave.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can make blueberry cornbread muffins by spooning the batter into 12-14 lined muffin molds and baking this recipe at a lower temperature for less time. We recommend setting your oven to 350 and baking the blueberry cornbread muffins for 25-30 minutes.
Refrigeration can be drying for baked goods. So, we recommend storing this blueberry cornbread in a sealed container at room temperature for 3-5 days. Reheat by the slice in the microwave.
Yes! Try my maple butter cornbread recipe here!
Or, for a more savory cornbread, try this vegan cheesy cornbread recipe.
- 9x5 inch metal loaf pan
- one medium sized mixing bowl
- 1 13.5 oz can coconut milk
- 4 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 4 tablespoon agave
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup frozen corn
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
How To Make Blueberry Cornbread
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375. Spray a metal loaf pan with non-stick baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, coconut milk, agave, and baking powder together. Add the flour and cornmeal and mix until a silky batter forms. Fold in the corn and the blueberries. Transfer the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake the blueberry cornbread in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until it is golden on the top and browned around the edges. Enjoy warm spread with vegan butter or drizzled with more agave.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.