Creamy, chocolatey, and so delicious. This Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake tastes more like a dessert than a healthy breakfast or post-workout snack! This protein smoothie contains a generous helping of plant-based protein, moderate carbs from the banana, and healthy fats from the peanut butter and chia seeds! The combination of these things makes this tasty protein shake a satisfying and filling meal or snack. This recipe is vegan, gluten-free, contains no added sugars, and is absolutely delicious!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Shake Ingredients
- Frozen Bananas: Frozen ripe bananas provide fiber, healthy carbs, and natural sweetness to our chocolate peanut butter banana protein shake.
- Milk: To keep this protein shake vegan and dairy-free, we used unsweetened almond milk. You can also use oat milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular whole milk, skim milk, 1% milk, or 2% milk in this recipe.
- Peanut Butter: Peanut butter provides healthy fats and a delicious peanut butter flavor to this recipe. Adding a small amount of healthy fats to a smoothie or protein shake will make it more filling and satisfying.
- Protein Powder: We recommend using NUFYX chocolate flavored vegan protein powder in this recipe. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use whey protein. Peanut Butter and Jilly is a partner of NUFYX because their protein powder has clean ingredients, is tested for heavy metals, contains digestive enzymes, is certified organic, and absolutely delicious! Use my affiliate code : PBJILLY for 15% off.
- Seeds: Adding chia seeds and flax seeds is an optional step in this recipe. But, I am always looking for ways to add more healthy fats and fiber into my meals which is why I chose to add both of these to my smoothie.
How To Make This Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Step 1: Add the frozen banana, chocolate protein powder, peanut butter, almond or oat milk, chia seeds and flax seeds to a blender and blend until smooth and creamy. Serve on its own or top with vegan and gluten-free granola or oreo cookies to make it an extra special treat!
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! You can use vanilla protein powder to make this a vanilla flavored protein shake. If you'd like to add chocolate flavor, add 1 tablespoon of cocoa powder or cacao powder to the smoothie and blend.
Absolutely, You can make this shake ahead of time and store it in your fridge overnight for a grab and go breakfast or post-workout snack.
Yes, feel free to use almond butter, granola butter, sun butter, or even cashew butter instead of peanut butter in this recipe.
Absolutely! CLICK HERE for all of my protein shake recipes.
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake Ingredients
- 1 frozen overripe banana
- 4 tablespoon chocolate flavored vegan protein powder use code PBJILLY for 15% off
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- ½ tablespoon chia seeds optional
- ½ tablespoon flax seeds optional
Chocolate Banana Peanut Butter Protein Shake Instructions
- Begin by adding the frozen overripe banana, chocolate flavored protein powder, almond or oat milk, and peanut butter to a blender. If you're adding chia seeds and flax seeds for additional fiber and healthy fats, add them now. Blend until creamy and smooth and enjoy cold.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.