Have your cake and drink it too with this delicious Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Protein Shake! It's made with a handful of simple ingredients and it tastes like a delicious oatmeal raisin cookie. This recipe uses vegan pea protein, making it an amazing source of plant-based protein. Add a little cinnamon and oats to the mix and you have a filling and satisfying shake that will remind you of your favorite dessert.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Protein Shake Ingredients
- Frozen Bananas: One half of a frozen ripe banana will provide fiber, healthy carbs, and natural sweetness to our oatmeal cookie protein shake. It also makes it super creamy.
- Milk: To keep this protein shake vegan and dairy-free, we used unsweetened almond milk. You can also use oat milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular whole milk, skim milk, 1% milk, or 2% milk in this recipe.
- Oats: Oats provide healthy carbs and fiber to our oatmeal cookie protein shake! It also gives our shake that classic oatmeal flavor.
- Cinnamon: No oatmeal cookie is complete without cinnamon!
- Protein Powder: We recommend using NUFYX vanilla flavored vegan protein powder in this recipe. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use whey protein. Peanut Butter and Jilly is a partner of NUFYX because their protein powder has clean ingredients, is tested for heavy metals, contains digestive enzymes, is certified organic, and absolutely delicious! Use my affiliate code : PBJILLY for 15% off.
- Raisins or Dates: Adding raisins or dates to our smoothie is a way to incorporate fiber and sweetness into this smoothie.
- Maple Syrup: If you still desire more sweetness, add 1-3 teaspoons of maple syrup to your shake until you reach desired sweetness. This ingredient is optional.
- Flax Seeds: Adding flax seeds to our oatmeal raisin cookie shake gives it more fiber and healthy fats.
- Almond Butter: Almond butter flavors our oatmeal raisin cookie protein smoothie perfectly and makes it super filling. This ingredient is also optional.
How To Make An Oatmeal Cookie Protein Shake
Step 1: Add the frozen banana, almond or oat milk, oats, vanilla pea protein, flax seeds, raisins, and nut butter or maple syrup (if using) to a blender. Blend until smooth and enjoy!
Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Protein Shake
Sugar Cookie Protein Shake Ingredients
- 1 cup unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ frozen ripe banana
- 4 tablespoon vegan vanilla protein powder
- 2 tablespoon old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon almond butter
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoon raisins or 1 date
Sugar Cookie Protein Shake Instructions
- Add the frozen banana, almond milk, vanilla protein powder, flax seeds, raisins, cinnamon, and almond butter to the blender. Blend until smooth and creamy and option to top with a crushed gluten free and vegan cookie (I used Tate's) to make this an extra special treat!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.