Frosted Gluten Free Vegan Apple Bread
This vegan apple bread is divine! It's super moist, soft and perfectly fluffy! It's made with oats, oat flour, and sweetened with maple syrup - making it naturally gluten free and better-for-you! Option to serve the bread as is, spread with vegan butter, or top with some of my famous cinnamon vegan cream cheese icing. Either way, you will have a vegan breakfast or dessert that everyone in your home will fall in love with!
Gluten Free Vegan Apple Bread
- 1 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- ½ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¾ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup almond or oat milk
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup quick oats (or blended old fashioned oats)
- 2 ¼ cup oat flour
Cinnamon Cream Cheese Icing
- 2 oz vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon softened vegan butter
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix together the apple sauce, butter, vanilla, maple syrup, and oat or almond milk. Add baking powder, cinnamon, and baking soda. Mix.
- Add the oats and the oat flour and mix until combined. Pour the batter into a 9x5 loaf pan that has been sprayed with baking spray. Option to top with apple slices or skip if topping with the cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
- Bake for about 30-40 minutes (depending on the type of loaf pan you use and the temp. of your oven)
- To make sure it's done, do a tooth pick test. Serve immediately topped with cinnamon cream cheese icing!
Serving: 1gCalories: 233kcalCarbohydrates: 28gProtein: 3gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!