Fried Pumpkin Butter Sandwich
Make room peanut butter and jelly sandwich lovers because I have a fall-time version for you! Creamy homemade pumpkin butter and apples are spread between two slices of gluten free bread and fried in vegan maple butter. This pumpkin butter sandwich gets crisp and caramelized on the outside, and is ooey gooey in the center.
Homemade Pumpkin Butter
- 2 tablespoon pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoon almond butter
- 1 teaspoon organic cane sugar optional
- ½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spices
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
Homemade Pumpkin Butter Sandwich
- ¼ cup thinly sliced apples
- 2 slices regular or gluten free bread
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- sea salt for serving
Pumpkin Butter Sandwich Recipe
- Mix the pumpkin purée, sugar - if using, pumpkin pie spice (or a mixture of ¼ teaspoon cinnamon, ⅛ teaspoon ginger, ⅛ teaspoon cloves, ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg), almond butter, and vanilla. Mix until creamy.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoon of the pumpkin butter onto one slice of bread. Top with thin apple slices. Place the other piece of bread on top and set aside.
- Bring a skillet with vegan butter to medium heat. Once the butter is warm and begins to sizzle, add the maple syrup and then lift the pan gently to allow the butter and maple syrup to coat the pan evenly. Place the sandwich inside and fry for 1-2 minutes until golden on the bottom. Carefully use a spatula to flip the sandwich over and fry for another minute until golden on both sides.
- Remove from the skillet and enjoy warm. Option to sprinkle a little sea salt over it!
Calories: 267kcalCarbohydrates: 20gProtein: 5gFat: 15g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!