This Super Moist Lemon Bundt Cake is everything you need this Spring and Summer! This recipe is adapted from my famous Lemon Loaf Cake and just like that recipe, this one is going to be a true crowed pleasure. It's moist, lightly lemony, super tender and fluffy, and no one will ever believe you when you tell them that it's vegan, gluten-free friendly and can even be made without any added sugar (thanks to our sponsor, purecane)!!
Lemon Bundt Cake Ingredients
- Lemon: Freshly squeezed lemon juice or bottled lemon juice will both work in this delicious vegan lemon bundt cake.
- Sugar: You can use either regular organic cane sugar, white table sugar, or reduce the sugar and use purecane sugar-free substitute.
- Butter: To keep this lemon bundt cake vegan, we use vegan butter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, you can use regular butter.
- Milk: To keep this moist lemon pound cake vegan, we use unsweetened almond or oat milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, feel free to use regular milk.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: To give our vegan lemon cake a lift without the need of eggs or an egg replacement.
- Vanilla Extract: For a yummy bundt cake flavor!
- Lemon Extract: This ingredient is optional but can be used for an extra boost of lemon in this vegan lemon bundt cake.
- Flour: We recommend using regular all purpose flour or gluten-free all purpose flour in this recipe. Our preferred gluten-free flour is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
Cream Cheese Frosting
No bundt cake or pound cake is complete without a tasty glaze on top. The most popular frosting on my blog is this Cream Cheese Frosting and it is unbelievably delicious when served on top of this tasty vegan lemon pound cake. You will need three simple ingredients to make it:
- Powdered Sugar or Powdered Sugar Substitute from purecane
- Softened Regular or Vegan Butter
- Regular or Vegan Cream Cheese
Follow the simple steps below to make this mouthwatering vegan cream cheese icing! This is the demonstration section of the Lemon Bundt Cake Recipe Post. For full measurements, see the recipe card below.
Step 1: Add the powdered sugar, softened vegan butter, and vegan cream cheese to a medium sized mixing bowl.
Step 2: Whisk until smooth and creamy. You may also use an electric hand mixer. If the icing becomes too thick to whisk, add a tablespoon or two of almond milk until it reaches a thinner consistency. Set aside until ready to serve over the pound cake.
How To Make This Lemon Bundt Cake
Step 1: After preheating the oven, add the almond milk, melted vegan butter, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract to a bowl. Mix until well combined. Add the baking powder and baking soda. The mixture will begin to fizz. Quickly move to the next step.
Step 2: Add the flour and mix until a smooth batter forms.
Step 3: Transfer the batter into a greased bundt pan and bake the vegan lemon bundt cake in the oven until it's golden around the edges.
Step 4: While the bundt cake bakes, make the vegan cream cheese frosting. Once the bundt cake is done baking and has had time to cool, drizzle the icing over it and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! You can use this Lemon Cake Recipe to make your vegan lemon cake in a loaf, square, or round cake pan.
I recommend storing on the counter in an airtight container. You may serve cool or reheat in the microwave for 15-20 seconds before serving. It should last at room temperature for about 3 days.
Lemon Bundt Cake
- bundt pan
- one large mixing bowl
- one medium mixing bowl
- whisk or electric hand mixer
Lemon Bundt Cake Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup unsweetened almond or oat milk regular milk also works
- ¾ cup lemon juice
- 1 ¼ cup organic cane sugar or ½ cup purecane powdered sugar substitute
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter regular butter also works
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 ⅓ cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup softened regular or vegan butter
- 4 oz regular or vegan cream cheese
- 2 tablespoon almond or oat milk (or regular milk) for thinning
How To Make Lemon Bundt Cake
- Preheat the oven to 350. Grease a bundt cake pan with non-stick baking spray. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the almond milk, melted vegan butter, lemon juice, sugar, vanilla, and lemon extract together. Add the baking powder and baking soda. Be prepared, this will make the mixer fizz. Quickly add the flour and mix until a smooth batter is formed.
- Transfer the batter into the greased baking pan and bake in the oven for 50-55 minutes or until the edges of the loaf are golden. Remove from the oven and let the cake cool and settle into the pan before removing from the bundt pan.
- While the lemon cake is baking, add the vegan cream cheese, powdered sugar, and softened vegan butter into a medium sized mixing bowl. Whisk or mix together until smooth and creamy. If the icing is too thick to whisk, add 2 tablespoon of almond milk (or more) until it reaches a the desired consistency.
- Drizzle the icing over the loaf and serve warm or cool.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.