Super Moist Vegan Lemon Loaf
This super moist vegan lemon loaf is just that... super moist! It’s lightly lemony, and melt-in-your-mouth good. This recipe is as easy as it is delicious. This soft and tender vegan lemon cake can also be made gluten-free! This is an addictive treat that your friends and family will love. Everyone will ask you for the recipe and be shocked when they find out it's vegan. The loaf is topped with my famous mouth watering vegan cream cheese icing for an out of this world indulgent vegan treat!
Vegan Lemon Loaf
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract - optional
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour
Vegan Cream Cheese Frosting
- 1 ½ cup powdered sugar
- ¼ cup softened vegan butter
- 4 oz vegan cream cheese
Vegan Lemon Loaf
- Preheat oven to 375
- Mix (by hand) the almond milk, sugar, lemon juice, melted vegan butter, and vanilla. Option to add 1 teaspoon lemon extract for a bolder lemon flavor. Add the baking powder and baking soda and mix. The mixture will begin to bubble, this is ok. Quickly add the flour and mix until smooth.
- Pour the batter into a greased 9x5 loaf pan (I prefer metal) and bake for 40-45 minutes. You may also use a round cake pan and bake for about 25 to 30 minutes.
- While the lemon cake is baking, use an electric hand mixer to mix the vegan cream cheese icing ingredients and spread over the warm or cooled loaf. If going “low calorie”, use half the icing and save the rest for later!
Serving: 1gCalories: 277kcalCarbohydrates: 40gProtein: 4gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!