Quinoa Fried Rice with Simple Teriyaki Sauce
Quinoa Fried Rice
- 2 cup cooked quinoa
- 1 cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ⅓ cup diced onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 ½ cup broccoli florets chopped into bite sized pieces
- ½ cup diced bell peppers
- ½ cup shredded carrots
- ½ cup canned chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- salt and pepper to taste
Simple Teriyaki Sauce
- ½ cup coconut aminos or low sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon olive or avocado oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
Quinoa Fried Rice with Teriyaki Sauce
- Begin by making the homemade teriyaki sauce. Quickly whisk together the olive oil, sesame oil, coconut aminos, and maple syrup to make the teriyaki sauce. Set aside.
- On the stovetop, bring a medium skillet with olive oil to medium heat. Once the oil is warmed, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until fragrant. Add the broccoli, bell peppers, and carrots. If adding chickpeas, you may add them now. Cook for another 5-7 minutes until the veggies are tender and the chickpeas are golden.
- Once the veggies are tender, add the quinoa and teriyaki sauce. Fry in the pan for another 5-7 minutes until the chickpeas are browned and the quinoa is crisp. Serve immediately!
Serving: 1gCalories: 287kcalCarbohydrates: 46gProtein: 10gFat: 7g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!