Nothing says comfort food like Easy Vegan Peanut Noodles Stir Fry. This dish tastes indulgent but is actually healthy (ish)! This flavorful dish comes together in minutes by sautéing the veggies, noodles, and tossing them in a quick 5-minute peanut sauce. This is a must-try family-friendly recipe that is as quick to make as it is delicious.
These Vegan Peanut Noodles use a delicious, homemade peanut sauce along with vegan noodles and veggies to create the most delicious and satisfying meal! Peanut noodles are packed with flavor and are sure to satisfy the whole family.
Vegan Peanut Noodles Stir Fry Ingredients Needed
My vegan peanut noodles recipe might seem like it has a lot of ingredients, but it is totally worth it. Once you mix together the ingredients, you will have a flavorful, amazing meal! Here's what you'll need:
- Peanut Sauce: This tasty, savory sauce is made up of creamy peanut butter, ketchup, soy sauce, water, maple syrup, sweet chili sauce, sriracha and lime juice. I recommend using fresh lime instead of bottled lime juice. The combination of these flavors results in a savory, nutty, spicy, tangy sauce that you won't be able to get enough of!
- Veggie Pasta: I used Ancient Harvest Veggie Pasta in this recipe but you can use your favorite long pasta here. You can also use rice or soba noodles!
- Bell Peppers: Bell peppers add extra veggies and lots of flavor here! You can use any color bell pepper you like.
- Peanuts: I toasted some peanuts along with my bell peppers for a nice crunchy bite!
- Stir Fry Toppings: Top your stir fry off with some chopped green onion and soy beans!
How to Make Easy Vegan Peanut Noodles Stir Fry
This recipe is so flavorful and so easy to make! Here are the simple steps, but for the full, printable recipe, reference the recipe card at the bottom of the page.
Step 1: Begin by whisking together your peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the Ancient Harvest Veggie Pasta as instructed on the packaging.
Step 2: While the pasta is cooking, bring a large skillet with olive oil to medium high heat. Once the skillet is warm, add the bell peppers and peanuts. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the peppers and peanuts are lightly browned, then reduce the heat to low.
Step 3: As soon as the pasta is done cooking, strain it and immediately pour the noodles into the skillet. Use tongs to toss the mixture together, adding more olive oil if the noodles need more moisture. After the noodles are well mixed in with the peanuts and peppers, pour the peanut sauce into the skillet. Start with ½ of the mixture and then add more as needed or same the remainder for topping.
Step 4: Serve immediately, topping with steamed soybeans and green onions!
- Switch up the Veggies! For an even healthier meal, you can add even more veggies to these vegan peanut noodles like mushrooms, carrots, sugar snap peas and broccoli!
- For Extra Protein, top with some pan-fried tofu!
- Adjust the Sauce to Your Liking! You can taste the sauce as you go, and add more of each ingredient to your liking. Keep in mind of the sauce is too thick, it will not coat the noodles as easily.
- Keep Fresh Lime Wedges for Serving: I like to have some fresh lime wedges to squeeze onto the peanut noodles before I eat them. It adds a lovely, fresh zing!
Frequently Asked Questions
You can use either crunchy or smooth peanut butter in this recipe. If you want some extra crunch, then go ahead and use crunchy! Either will be delicious.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the microwave until heated through. You can freeze any extra peanut sauce in an airtight container for up to 2 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and dilute with some drops of water if the sauce is too thick after thawing. I don't recommend freezing the noodles and veggies.
More Vegan Dinner Recipes to Try
- Mongolian Tofu Stir Fry
- Quinoa Veggie Fried Rice
- Coconut Curry & Rice Casserole
- Teriyaki Stir Fry & Cauliflower Rice
Easy Vegan Peanut Noodles Stir Fry
Vegan Peanut Noodles
- 8 oz Cooked Ancient Harvest Veggie Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 bell peppers, chopped
- roasted peanuts or nuts of choice
Vegan Peanut Sauce
- ½ cup creamy peanut butter
- ¼ cup ketchup
- ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos
- ¼ cup warm water
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
Other Stir Fry Toppings
- 2 tablespoon chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoon soy beans
- Begin by whisking together your peanut sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside. Bring a large pot of water to a boil and cook the Ancient Harvest Vegetable Pasta as instructed on the packaging.
- While the pasta is cooking, bring a large skillet with olive oil to medium high heat. Once the skillet is warm, add the bell peppers and peanuts. Cook for 5-7 minutes until the peppers and peanuts are lightly browned then reduce the heat to low.
- As soon as the pasta is done cooking, strain it and immediately pour the noodles into the skillet. Use tongs to toss the mixture together, adding more olive oil if the noodles need more lubricant. After the noodles are well mixed in with the peanuts and peppers, pour the peanut sauce into the skillet. Start with ½ of the mixture and add more as needed or save the remainder for topping.
- Serve immediately, topped with steamed soybeans and green onions!
- Double the sauce recipe and freeze half of it for later use!
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.