Craving something sweet and wholesome? Our Easy Apple Cobbler has you covered. It's vegan-friendly and great for those who are gluten-free. Made with straightforward stuff like ripe apples, cozy spices, oats, and maple syrup, it's a quick solution to those sudden dessert desires. Perfect for any occasion – whether you've got friends over or it's just you and a movie. Dive in and enjoy a dessert that's a bit better for you.
Apple Cobbler is a nostalgic dessert that shines in its simplicity, yet there are countless ways to elevate its presentation and taste at the table. When serving apple cobbler, begin with a warm scoop straight from the oven. Its steaming, bubbly interior perfectly contrasts with a scoop of cold vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream, melting gradually to form a luscious blend. Use vegan whipped cream or ice cream as needed.
Why This is The Best Apple Cobbler
- Simplicity: With straightforward steps and no fancy techniques, even a beginner can nail this recipe. It's all about mixing, pouring, and baking.
- Quick to Make: No hours of preparation here. In a short span, your kitchen will be filled with the delicious aroma of baking apples and cinnamon. It's perfect for those last-minute dessert needs.
- Affordability: Made with everyday ingredients, many of which you probably already have in your pantry, this recipe won’t break the bank. Plus, it's versatile – swap in ingredients based on what's on sale or in season.
- Inclusivity: Crafted with vegans and the gluten-free community in mind, this cobbler ensures that dietary needs don't mean compromising on flavor. Everyone gets a slice of the deliciousness.
- Healthier Choices: With wholesome ingredients like oats and maple syrup, you can indulge a little easier, knowing you're choosing a slightly better-for-you dessert.
Easy Apple Cobbler Ingredients
For the Flavorful Apple Filling:
- 6 large honey crisp apples, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter (options: regular or vegan)
- ½ cup sugar (recommendation: coconut sugar, but any type works)
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
For the Soft Vegan Apple Cobbler Batter:
- 1 cup milk (choose between regular or non-dairy)
- ½ cup butter (options: regular or vegan)
- ¼ cup pure maple syrup (increase to ⅓ cup for a sweeter palate)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (choices: traditional all-purpose or gluten-free flour, we like King Arthur Measure for Measure flour for Gluten-Free)
- ½ cup whole rolled oats
- A dash of sea salt
How To Make Easy Vegan Apple Cobbler
Oven Prep: Kick things off by preheating your oven to 350°F.
Apple Filling: Over medium heat, melt a tablespoon of your chosen butter in a skillet. Toss in the apple slices, sugar, and cinnamon. Stir occasionally and let the mix sizzle for about 10 minutes, or until you get those soft, aromatic apples. Set the skillet aside.
Batter Basics: Dive into the cobbler batter. In a bowl, blend milk, butter, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla. Slowly introduce the flour and oats, mixing until it's all smooth. Season with that dash of salt.
Assemble & Bake: Layer the tender apples at the base of a pie dish. Spoon the batter over them evenly. Pop it into the oven and wait for around 30 minutes, looking for a rich golden hue as a sign it's done to perfection.
Serve & Enjoy: Best savored warm. Elevate each serving with vegan vanilla ice cream or a dollop of whipped cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend storing this in the fridge for 3-5 days and reheating in the microwave. It's best served warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream. For longer storage, freeze in a sealed container.
Easy Apple Cobbler
- large skillet
- silicone spatula
- measuring cups
- measuring spoons
- ten inch pie dish
- mixing bowl
- fork or whisk
- 6 large thinly sliced honey crisp apples
- 1 tablespoon regular or vegan butter
- ½ cup coconut sugar any sugar will work
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
Apple Cobbler Batter
- 1 cup regular or non-dairy milk
- ½ cup regular or vegan butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup use up to ⅓ cup for sweeter cobbler
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
- ½ cup rolled oats
- a pinch of salt
Instructions for Making Easy Apple Cobbler
- Preheat the oven to 350. Then, make the apple filling. Bring a skillet with a tablespoon of vegan butter to medium heat. Once the butter has melted, add the thinly sliced apples, sugar, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until the apples are tender and soft. Remove the skillet from the heat.
- In a mixing bowl, make the cobbler batter by adding the milk, butter, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla together. Add the flour and oats and mix until smooth. Finally, mix in a pinch of salt.
- Pour the apples into the bottom of a pie dish and then top with the cobbler batter. Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes or until the cobbler is golden brown. Serve warm with a scoop of vegan vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.