This Vegan Peach Cobbler is a crowd pleaser! Gooey caramelized peaches topped with a buttery and golden cobbler biscuit topping. This is The Best Peach Cobbler Recipe and it's vegan, gluten-free friendly, and unbelievably good! You only need a few simple ingredients and about an hour to whip this deliciously indulgent dessert up. Everyone in your home will be back for seconds.
Peach Cobbler Ingredients
- Peaches: We recommend using ripe yellow peaches.
- Apple: To add another dimension of flavor to our caramelized peach cobbler filling, we use one honey crisp apple.
- Butter: To keep this peach cobbler vegan, we used melted vegan butter. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular butter will work. Coconut oil is another alternative.
- Milk: To keep this peach cobbler vegan, we use unsweetened oat milk or almond milk. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, regular milk will work.
- Cane Sugar: We recommend using organic cane sugar in cobbler batter.
- Brown Sugar: We recommend using light brown sugar in the peach cobbler filling.
- Vanilla: Gives our cobbler a delicious vanilla flavor.
- Baking Powder: Gives our cobbler a little rise.
- Salt: To balance the sweetness in the cobbler.
- Cinnamon: To enhance the flavor of the peaches and apples.
- Flour: We recommend using regular or gluten-free all purpose flour in this recipe. We love using King Arthur Measure for Measure Gluten-Free Flour.
- Oats: We recommend using old fashioned rolled oats in this recipe.
How To Make The Best Peach Cobbler
Step 1: Peel, pit, and slice your peaches. Slice your apples. Melt your vegan butter in a large pan and add the peaches, apples, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until the peaches are tender but not completely soft.
Step 2: Make your batter by mixing the vegan butter, almond or oat milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, flour, and oats together.
Step 3: Transfer the peaches into a greased pie dish. Pour the batter over the peaches and apples and bake for about 45 minutes.
Step 4: Remove the cobbler from the oven and allow it to rest before serving warm with vegan vanilla ice cream.
Frequently Asked Questions
We recommend using either one large 11 or 12 inch pie dish or two smaller 8 or 9 inch pie dishes (makes two smaller cobblers).
The peach cobbler should be good left at room temperature for a few hours, but longer than that and it should be refrigerated. To reheat, scoop a serving of the peach cobbler onto a microwave safe dish and microwave until warm.
Yes! Try my Oatmeal Peach Crisp!
Vegan Peach Cobbler
- one large pie dish or two smaller sized pie dishes
- large sauce pan or pot
- mixing bowls
For The Peaches
- 5 large ripe yellow peaches
- 1 large honey crisp apple optional
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon vegan butter
For The Cobbler
- ⅓ cup melted vegan butter
- ¾ cup plant-based milk
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅔ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup regular or gluten-free all purpose flour
How To Make Vegan Peach Cobbler
- Begin by preheating the oven to 375. Grease your pie dish(s) and set aside.
- Peel the peaches and then slice them in half to remove the pit. Once the pit is removed, slice the peaches into ⅓ inch thick slices. Leaving the peel on, slice the apple into ¼ inch thick slices.
- Heat a large skillet or sauce pot to medium heat. Add the vegan butter and cook until it melts. Once the butter has melted, add the peach and apple slices. Add the brown sugar and cinnamon and cook, stirring, for about 3 minutes or until the apples and peaches are tender but not completely soft. Remove from the heat and set aside.
- To make the cobbler, mix the melted vegan butter, plant-based milk, sugar, vanilla, and baking powder together. Once well combined, add the flour and oats and whisk until a cobbler batter is formed.
- Transfer the caramelized fruit into your pie dish(s) and drizzle the cobbler over the top of the fruit. Bake in the oven for about 40-45 minutes or until the top of the cobbler is golden brown. Serve warm with vegan ice cream.
The recipes on Peanut Butter and Jilly can easily be adapted to fit a vegan lifestyle, a gluten-free lifestyle, or both depending on the ingredients you use. Please review the ingredients lists carefully and refer to our recommendations in the Notes of the recipe card to make this recipe compatible with your needs. Nutrition information provided is an estimate, and will vary based on specific brands of ingredients used and cooking methods.