One taste of this mouthwatering Cinnamon Sugar Focaccia and you'll be hooked. This homemade sweet focaccia recipe is as easy as it is delicious. You need 5 ingredients to make the dough. Bake for 15 minutes and it becomes golden on the outside, and soft on the inside. Brush this focaccia with melted vegan butter, top with cinnamon sugar, and drizzle with frosting. This is a vegan and gluten-free friendly treat that everyone in your home will love.
Why You'll Love This Recipe
It's Fast! It's Easy! It's Delicious!
Have you ever ordered pizza from a delivery company and been offered the option to add cinnamon bread to your order for dessert? This recipe is inspired by the cinnamon bread at those famous delivery spots! Now, you don't have to wait for takeout! Make this quick and easy easy focaccia bread recipe in just 30 minutes from the comfort of your own home.
What You'll Need To Make Cinnamon Sugar Focaccia
- Water: We use warm water as the wet ingredient base of our focaccia bread dough.
- Olive Oil: Extra virgin olive oil gives this focaccia bread a golden crust and keeps it soft and moist on the inside.
- Maple Syrup: Maple syrup is used to lightly flavor and sweeten the focaccia bread dough.
- Baking Powder: Because we are making a quick and easy focaccia bread recipe, we don't need to use yeast or allow our dough to rise. We simply use baking powder to leaven the dough.
- Vanilla: Vanilla extract is an optional ingredient, but I like the hint of flavor it gives to the bread.
- Flour: You can use this recipe to make vegan focaccia bread, gluten-free focaccia bread, or both! Just use regular or gluten-free all purpose flour according to your dietary needs.
- Butter: To keep this recipe vegan friendly, we use vegan butter to melt and brush over the top of the focaccia bread. If you are not vegan or dairy-free, you can use regular melted butter.
- Cinnamon: We mix ground cinnamon with cane sugar to make the cinnamon sugar topping for this vegan focaccia bread.
- Sugar: Use regular sugar, organic cane sugar, or coconut sugar as a topping.
- Powdered Sugar
- Vegan Butter
- Almond or Oat Milk
How To Make Cinnamon Sugar Focaccia
Step 1: Preheat the oven and grease a 10-12 inch round baking dish with nonstick spray. Mix the lukewarm water, olive oil, vanilla, maple syrup, and baking powder together. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick dough forms.
Step 2: Transfer the dough evenly into the baking dish. Drizzle the top with olive oil and then gently use your fingers to press divots down into the bread.
Step 3: Bake the bread in the oven until golden. Option to broil for 1-2 minutes at the end to give it more of a golden color on top. Brush the top of the bread with melted vegan butter and then sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
Step 4: You have the option of serving this with or without icing. To make the icing, mix the powdered sugar, almond milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla together. Then, drizzle it over the cinnamon sugar focaccia bread after it's cooled for a few minutes. Slice and serve warm.
Frequently Asked Questions
I recommend using gluten-free all purpose flour. My favorite brand is King Arthur Measure for Measure.
I recommend storing the leftover focaccia bread in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days. Any longer and the bread may become dry. This is best served fresh! Reheat in the microwave.
Easy Cinnamon-Sugar Focaccia Bread
Vegan Focaccia Bread
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 2 tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 3 tablespoon cane sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Vegan Vanilla Icing
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened almond or oat milk
- ½ tablespoon melted vegan butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Mix the water, extra virgin olive oil, maple syrup, baking powder, and vanilla together. Then, add the flour and mix until a thick bread dough forms.
- Transfer the dough into a greased round baking dish (about 10-12 inches in diameter). Option to drizzle the top with a tablespoon of olive oil and use your finger tips to gently press down to create dimples in the focaccia. Bake for 15-17 minutes or until it has completely risen and is lightly golden. Broil it for 1-2 minutes at the end until golden.
- While the vegan focaccia bread is baking, in a small bowl melt 2 tablespoon of vegan butter and set aside. Then, in a separate bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon together.
- You may also make vegan vanilla icing to drizzle on top of the cinnamon sugar bread. Do this by whisking the powdered sugar, almond milk, melted vegan butter, and vanilla together.
- Once the vegan focaccia bread is done baking, allow it to cool and then evenly distribute the melted butter over the top of the focaccia. You may use a brush or spoon to ensure the entire bread is covered. Then, sprinkle the cinnamon and sugar over the top. Before serving, drizzle the icing over the cinnamon sugar bread and slice into 12 slices. Enjoy!