Quick & Easy Spaghetti Squash Alfredo
Looking for a healthier alternative to fettuccini Alfredo? Spaghetti squash is a fiber-filled and lower calorie/lower carb alternative to pasta. Here, we serve it covered with my homemade vegan Alfredo sauce that will make you want to lick the plate clean! This recipe is so easy and even non-vegans will love it.
Roasted Spaghetti Squash
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large spaghetti squash
- salt and pepper
Easy Homemade Alfredo Sauce
- 2 cups full fat, plain unsweetened almond milk
- ½ cup vegan butter or olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup store-bought vegan parmesan cheese
- 4 tablespoon regular or gluten-free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gf flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoon freshly chopped parsley
Roasting the Spaghetti Squash
- Preheat the oven to 400
- Slice spaghetti squash in half (lengthwise), and use a spoon to remove the seeds and filling. Drizzle the cut side of the squash with olive oil , season with salt and pepper. Place the squash, cut side done, onto a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Bake for 40-45 minutes in the oven. You will know they are done when the skin is tender to touch and the "strands" of the squash pull apart easily with a fork.
Making the Alfredo Sauce
- While the spaghetti squash bakes, prepare the vegan alfredo sauce. Bring a medium saucepan with butter to medium heat. Once the butter is melted and begins to sizzle, add the garlic. Cook for 1 minute, stirring, until the garlic sizzles and is fragrant but not browned.
- Add the almond milk and bring the pot to a boil. Once boiling, reduce the heat to low and whisk in the flour. Make sure all the lumps are out. Season with salt and pepper and continue to cook for another 5 minutes. Whisk in the vegan parmesan and keep warm until ready to serve.
- Once the spaghetti squash is done baking, allow it to cool and use a fork to pull apart the strands. Transfer the strands onto a serving dish and discard the spaghetti squash skin. Pour the Vegan Alfredo sauce over the spaghetti squash (you may not need all of the sauce). Sprinkle with freshly chopped parsley and enjoy!
Calories: 211kcalCarbohydrates: 8gProtein: 6gFat: 17g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!