Pumpkin spiced and everything nice! This vegan pumpkin protein shake is so good, and good for you! It tastes like a pumpkin milkshake yet is loaded with healthy fats and plant-based protein. This recipe is so easy and perfect for fall (or any time of year) . Enjoy this pumpkin-spiced protein smoothie as a healthy vegan breakfast or snack and you will be full all morning or afternoon!
Pumpkin Protein Shake Ingredients
- Pumpkin: Use canned pumpkin puree in this pumpkin protein smoothie. Be careful not to use pumpkin pie filling. Check the ingredients on your can to make sure it's 100% pumpkin.
- Milk: To make this pumpkin protein shake creamy, we use almond milk or oat milk. If you are not vegan, you can use regular milk.
- Maple Syrup: This pumpkin protein shake tastes like pumpkin pie because it is lightly sweetened with maple syrup.
- Vanilla Protein Powder: To make this a vegan pumpkin protein shake, we use vanilla flavored vegan protein powder. I used a plant-based protein powder made from peas. If you aren't vegan, you can use any vanilla flavored protein powder.
- Flax Seed Meal: To add healthy fats and fiber to our pumpkin protein shake, we add flax seed meal.
- Almonds: Almonds are added to our pumpkin protein smoothie to add healthy fats and more plant-based protein.
- Cinnamon: Cinnamon is one of the best pumpkin pie spices and gives this shake a delicious pumpkin spiced flavor.
- Nutmeg: Nutmeg is the other pumpkin spice we add.
- Ice: Adds volume
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie Instructions
Simply add all of the ingredients into a blender and blend the pumpkin protein shake until it is smooth and creamy.
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie Questions
My favorite plant-based protein is from a brand called Nuzest. I used the vanilla flavor in this recipe. Use my code, PBJILLY, to get 20% off of Nuzest plant-based proteins.
Protein shakes or smoothies can be a healthy breakfast, snack, or post-workout meal and are a regular part of my plant-based diet. How healthy a protein shake is will mostly depend on the ingredients you use.
Absolutely! Try leaving out the maple syrup completely.
Refrigerate your protein smoothie in a lidded container for up to 2 days.
Other Vegan Protein Shakes
- Vegan Gingerbread Protein Shake
- Vegan Chocolate Peppermint Protein Shake
- Vegan Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
- Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
- ½ cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup almond or oat milk
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup use up to 2 tablespoon for a sweeter smoothie
- 2 scoops vanilla protein powder use code PBJILLY for 20% off
- 2 tablespoon flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon almonds (sub any other nuts)
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup ice
Instructions for Pumpkin Protein Shake
- Blend all ingredients together and enjoy immediately
Leave a Reply