This creamy peanut butter protein shake tastes like a peanut butter cookie! It's so thick, flavored with peanut butter, and is surprisingly healthy for you. This plant-based protein smoothie is perfect for a healthy breakfast, post-workout meal, snack, or dessert.
Peanut Butter Protein Shake Ingredients
- Banana: We use banana in this peanut butter protein smoothie to give it a creamy and thick texture with a lightly sweet taste.
- Powdered Peanut Butter: We use powdered peanut butter in this vegan protein shake to give it that peanut butter flavor without the added fat from regular peanut butter. If you don't have powdered peanut butter, see tips below for using regular peanut butter.
- Frozen Cauliflower Rice: Frozen cauliflower rice is an optional way to add extra veggies and volume to this delicious plant-based protein smoothie. You won't even taste it!
- Milk: To keep this peanut butter protein shake vegan, we use plant-based milk such as almond milk or oat milk.
- Flax Seed Meal: Flax seed meal makes this peanut butter smoothie super healthy by adding extra protein, healthy fat, and fiber.
- Chia Seeds: Chia seeds make this peanut butter smoothie extra nourishing by adding extra protein, healthy fat, and fiber.
- Vanilla: For that peanut butter cookie flavor.
Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie Instructions
Simply add all of the ingredients into a blender, blend until smooth and creamy, and enjoy!
Toppings and Add-Ins
- To indulge and take this peanut butter protein shake to the next level, add banana slices, vegan whipped cream, and creamy peanut butter on top.
- If need a little sweetness in your protein shakes, add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup to give it a sweet peanut butter cookie taste.
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Regular peanut butter is still a great source of protein and fat. Add 1-2 tablespoon of regular peanut butter to replace the powdered peanut butter in this protein shake.
You can store smoothies in the fridge for 24-48 hours. They will have more of a yogurt-like texture rather than a smoothie texture but they will still be delicious!
Yes! If you are not vegan or dairy-free, you can use regular milk in this recipe.
Other Vegan Protein Shakes
- Chocolate Peppermint Protein Shake
- Gingerbread Protein Smoothie
- Blender Bomb Green Goddess Smoothie Bowl
- Pumpkin Protein Smoothie
Peanut Butter Protein Shake
Peanut Butter Protein Shake
- 1 overripe frozen banana
- ¼ cup powdered peanut butter
- ½ cup frozen cauliflower rice optional
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1 tablespoon flax seed or flax seed meal
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup optional, for added sweetness
- 1 tablespoon creamy peanut butter optional, for topping
- 1 tablespoon vegan whipped cream optional, for topping
Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- Add all of the ingredients into your blender and blend until smooth and creamy! Enjoy!