Whip up a delightful Strawberry Yogurt Bark with just three ingredients – freshly sliced strawberries, creamy yogurt (dairy or non-dairy), and chocolate chips – adorned with optional sprinkles for a burst of color and flavor; freeze for two hours and savor this easy, refreshing treat that's perfect for any occasion.
ps: This recipe is perfect for Valentine's Day!
What You'll Need
- 1 ½ cups freshly sliced strawberries
- 2 cups creamy yogurt (choose from non-dairy options, sweetened or unsweetened)
- 1 cup chocolate chips (opt for non-dairy if needed)
- Optional: Your favorite sprinkles (we went with Valentine's Day Sprinkles)
How To Make Strawberry Yogurt Bark
Step 1: Line a 9-12 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Evenly place ¼-inch thick slices of freshly sliced strawberries at the bottom of the pan.
Step 2: Spread your choice of creamy yogurt on top of the berries using a silicone spatula. Melt chocolate chips in a microwave-safe container for 30-45 seconds, ensuring complete melting, then drizzle over the yogurt-covered strawberries, gently swirling it in. Optionally, sprinkle the top with colorful sprinkles.
Step 3: Place the baking pan in the freezer and freeze for 2 hours. Once frozen, carefully use a knife to chop the Strawberry Yogurt Bark into approximately 5 pieces.
Step 4: Enjoy a piece immediately as a healthy snack or Valentine's Day treat! Store the remaining pieces in the freezer in a ziplock bag for later indulgence. This easy, flavorful treat is a perfect frozen delight for any occasion.
Frequently Asked Questions
Absolutely! The beauty of Strawberry Yogurt Bark lies in its versatility, allowing you to personalize it with a variety of toppings. Consider adding these delightful options:
Chopped almonds, walnuts, or pistachios can provide a satisfying crunch and a dose of healthy fats.
Sprinkle dried fruits like raisins, cranberries, or apricots for a chewy texture and added sweetness.
Toasted or untoasted coconut flakes can impart a tropical flavor and an enjoyable texture.
Chia Seeds or Flaxseeds:
Boost the nutritional content by incorporating chia seeds or flaxseeds for extra fiber and omega-3 fatty acids.
Add a layer of granola for a hearty, wholesome crunch.
Honey or Agave Drizzle:
Drizzle honey or agave syrup for a touch of natural sweetness.
Certainly! You can absolutely use a different fruit to customize your yogurt bark. Some delicious alternatives to strawberries include:
Blueberries: These small, sweet berries can provide a burst of flavor and a beautiful color.
Raspberries: Raspberries add a tangy twist and vibrant red hues to the bark.
Mixed Berries: Combine a variety of berries like blackberries, raspberries, and blueberries for a diverse flavor profile.
Other Valentine's Day Recipes
Strawberry Yogurt Bark
- parchment paper
- 9-12 inch baking pan (for freezing)
- knife (for cutting the bark)
Strawberry Yogurt Bark Ingredients
- 1 ½ cups freshly sliced strawberries
- 2 cups creamy yogurt non-dairy yogurt, sweetened or unsweetened
- 1 cup chocolate chips use non-dairy if necessary
- sprinkles optional
Strawberry Yogurt Bark Instructions
- Line your baking pan with parchment paper. Slice your strawberries into ¼-inch thick slices and evenly place them at the bottom of the pan.
- Use a silicone spatula to spread the creamy yogurt on top of the berries evenly. I used a non-dairy and unsweetened yogurt but you can use any yogurt of your choice.
- Melt the chocolate in a microwave safe container in the microwave for 30-45 seconds or until the chocolates are completely melted. Drizzle the chocolate over the yogurt covered strawberries and gently swirl it in.
- Option to sprinkle the top with sprinkles. Place the baking pan into the freezer and freeze for 2 hours.
- Remove the strawberry yogurt bark from the freezer and carefully use a knife to chop the bark into about 5 pieces. Enjoy your piece and feel free to store the remaining pieces in the freezer in a ziplock bag.