If you're looking for a decadent and chocolatey brownie recipe that is vegan and gluten-free friendly, look no further! This 30-Minute Vegan Fudge Brownies Recipe has your name on it! They taste so much better than boxed brownies and are surprisingly easy! Give them a try, I bet they'll be The Best Vegan Fudge Brownies you've ever had!
Vegan Brownies Ingredients
- Butter: To make these delicious vegan brownies, melt vegan (or regular butter if you're not vegan or dairy-free). If you don't have vegan butter, feel free to use coconut oil. You will need to add a pinch of salt to your brownie batter if you use coconut oil because it is slightly sweeter than butter.
- Milk: To make these fudgey and gooey brownies, you can use any full-fat plant-based milk or cream. I personally like a full-fat creamy oat milk. Coconut milk or almond milk will work as well. If you are not vegan or dairy free, heavy cream is another option.
- Sugar: Use regular organic cane sugar or coconut sugar to sweeten the brownies.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla gives these vegan brownies a delicious flavor.
- Baking Powder: Baking powder helps our brownies rise without the need for eggs.
- Cocoa Powder: Cocoa powder is how we achieve that rich chocolatey look and taste in these vegan fudge brownies.
- Flour: Use regular all purpose flour in this brownie recipe. If you would like to make gluten-free brownies, use gluten-free all purpose flour.
- Chocolate Chips: Use regular or vegan chocolate chips to make these brownies extra chocolatey.
How To Make Vegan Brownies
Step 1: This easy recipe is simple and straightforward. Simply mix your melted vegan butter, non-dairy milk, sugar, vanilla, baking powder, and cocoa together. Once the mixture is smooth, add the flour and mix until a thick brownie batter is formed. Once the brownie batter has formed, fold in the vegan chocolate chips.
Step 2: Transfer the batter into a greased baking dish (I prefer metal dishes as they cook more evenly). You may also line your baking dish with parchment paper.
Step 3: Bake in the oven until desired doneness and enjoy the best vegan brownies with a side of ice cold oat milk!
Can you make brownies without eggs?
Yes! You can absolutely make brownies without eggs. This vegan and gluten-free friendly brownie recipe is so simple. There are no eggs, dairy, or even egg substitutes such as flax eggs needed.
Frequently Asked Questions
My favorite brand of vegan chocolate chips are from Enjoy Life Foods. That being said, any non-dairy chocolate chips will work. Just read the label and make sure there is no milk in it. You can use sweet or semi-sweet chocolate chips.
Absolutely! Add a cup of chopped nuts to the vegan fudge brownie batter to give them an extra crunch.
I find that metal pans cook the brownies more evenly. That being said, if glass is all you have, totally ok!
Yes! I've made these with chopped gluten-free oreo cookies or chocolate chip cookies before and they're delicious. Make them your own by adding your favorite candy, nuts, or other treats to these amazing vegan brownies.
Best Vegan Fudge Brownies
One Bowl Vegan Brownies
- ½ cup melted vegan butter or coconut oil
- ⅓ cup any non-dairy milk or cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- 1 cup regular or gluten free all purpose flour If gluten-free, I recommend King Arthur Measure for Measure gluten-free flour. Please don't substitute any other flour such as almond flour, baking flour, etc.
- 1 cup vegan chocolate chips
One Bowl Vegan Brownies
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a medium mixing bowl, mix the melted vegan butter, any non dairy milk or creamer, sugar, vanilla, and baking powder. Then whisk in the cocoa powder until completely combined. Add the flour and whisk until combined. Then, fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour the batter into your baking dish and bake for about 25-30 minutes.